• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny 'on the loose'...

My friend informed me late last night that there's a rabbit on the loose on her street and do I want to rehome it. :shock: I asked for more information and she said she's seen it the past 2 days. I couldn't go out so late last night and then had to go to college today but I am so worried about this rabbit.

When speaking to some other friends about it today, it turns out that one of them has also sighted this bunny as it's near her church. She tried to catch it but was unsuccessful and forgot to tell me about it... She spoke to some people on the street and it turns out that the rabbit has been out since last Tuesday. :( The owners know it escaped or they released it but they don't care as they don't want it anymore. The poor thing is apparently just hopping up and down the street and hiding under cars. As soon as I'm out of college (20 mins) I will be going to look for little bun. :( I really hope I find him/her.

My Poppy was a stray and she was in such a state when she was found. :cry: I wish people would understand that domesticated rabbits cannot be released as they don't know how to fend for themselves and no one can help them should they get ill.

I don't really have room for another bunny but no one else seems to care about getting the little one to safety. If he/she isn't caught, it will die....

If I find bunny then I can come up with a plan from there but at least it will be safe and not available as fox food.

Please wish me luck, this could be a difficult 'mission'. :(

Went to get bunny ... Saw some children and asked if they'd seen a rabbit and one told me it was his rabbit. I asked if he wanted it and he said he didn't know. I asked where it was and apparently it's in the hutch.... Then the kids mum arrived and she was so chavvy :/ she told me it was her rabbit and they let it play out in the street!! Wtf!! Her kids were shouting 'say no, say no!' So I can't have bunny. Next time it's playing in the street should I get it ? :/ I don't know what kind of life it has with them. :(

Perhaps contact the RSPCA? Hopefully a visit from them will convince them to give him/her up to be rehomed. Having said that, when I called the RSPCA out about a stray rabbit a while back, they told me they could do nothing about it because they still wanted the rabbit. :evil:

If that doesn't work..then you could perhaps try to catch the bunny when they let it out next, although, this would be last resort, because they may just go out and get another. :(

Back