• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help so worried about my bunny eyes

Ajones3169

Warren Scout
Been to vet with her he said eye was fine it's not it's red and bit up bath her eye in warm water and have to see new vet on Friday morning is there any thing I can do to help her till then
image_zps46b01d7f.jpg
:oops:
image_zps64065444.jpg
he flush her eye and said her eye was good now I have book her in to new vet as I don't trust this vet any more with her so new vet is seeing her Friday morning ;)
image_zps85624336.jpg
she been hug with vinney just now

Last edited:
If its irritated then you can get eye drops from the vet.
a picture of the eye of you can get it would be very helpful :)
what did the vet do when you took her?

Hi

If its irritated then you can get eye drops from the vet.
a picture of the eye of you can get it would be very helpful :)
what did the vet do when you took her?

He said he eye was good and she was Heath er and that she may need her noise flush so I was going back this Friday to get them flushed eye noise and he change he mind said that it don't need doing so I have no trust in this vet any more so book her in to see new vet Friday

Did he put any green dye on the eye to check for any injuries?

sometimes a bit of hay or fur can get in and irritate the eye, if this happens to one of my buns depending how bad it is they usually get eye drops for a week or two.
really easy to put in, best thing to do till you see a vet you trust is to bathe the area with cooled boiled water.
does it weep?

Hi

Did he put any green dye on the eye to check for any injuries?

sometimes a bit of hay or fur can get in and irritate the eye, if this happens to one of my buns depending how bad it is they usually get eye drops for a week or two.
really easy to put in, best thing to do till you see a vet you trust is to bathe the area with cooled boiled water.
does it weep?
Yes she as weepy eye to and I have bath eye in warm water no he did not put any green dye on eye

Yes she as weepy eye to and I have bath eye in warm water

i take it the vet never checked her teeth as well?
can you get to see a different vet that you trust before Friday? If not then keeping it clean and drying the area around the eye gently after.
watch out for signs of pain like not wanting to eat and grinding the teeth.
if they happen you would need to get to vet sooner.

The green dye would show if there were any scratches or ulcerations on the eye.
usually its the first port of call to rule out anything like that.
hope the vet on Friday is a lot better! Doesn't sound like this vet knows bunnies, no wonder you've been looking for a new one xxxx

i take it the vet never checked her teeth as well?
can you get to see a different vet that you trust before Friday? If not then keeping it clean and drying the area around the eye gently after.
watch out for signs of pain like not wanting to eat and grinding the teeth.
if they happen you would need to get to vet sooner.

I ring the vets and she can be seen Friday waiting on her papers to be fax over to new vet and he as said that he see me Friday with her and he look at her theeth but left the side off her month and said her theeth we're good :(

Yes

The green dye would show if there were any scratches or ulcerations on the eye.
usually its the first port of call to rule out anything like that.
hope the vet on Friday is a lot better! Doesn't sound like this vet knows bunnies, no wonder you've been looking for a new one xxxx
I got so upset as I just won't best for her and that vet is no good and I told him that may be I should have not but it's the truth ;( and now he making the other vet wait for paper work be with them sometime tomorrow ;( so she be seen Friday morning 9.30 hope she be ok till then

I got so upset as I just won't best for her and that vet is no good and I told him that may be I should have not but it's the truth ;( and now he making the other vet wait for paper work be with them sometime tomorrow ;( so she be seen Friday morning 9.30 hope she be ok till then

im sure shell be fine till then. Hopefully this vet will be better than the last one.
and if you feel he wasn't giving the right treatment then you are well within your rights to let them know as long as its polite ;)
i love seeing the pics her :love:
shall be thinking of her and you on Friday.

im sure shell be fine till then. Hopefully this vet will be better than the last one.
and if you feel he wasn't giving the right treatment then you are well within your rights to let them know as long as its polite ;)
i love seeing the pics her :love:
shall be thinking of her and you on Friday.[/QUOTEam so worried about her she only 6 months old and do best I can for her but just found in vet that savvy to rabbits in Scotland ;)

Last edited:
Back