• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What on earth is this ?

luna

Mama Doe
I have just come across this product on pinterest and I'm fuming. People are saying they want one of these for their bunnies. I have just slated it after pinning it from one of my followers so there goes my following but I don't care.I have put it on my rabbit welfare board as a warning that they are not suitable for bunnies :(

mavatuhy.jpg

Oh and they are marketed as "rabbit mowers" for the grass. I feel sick at the thought of people putting their rabbits in these prisons :( mow your own grass !!!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That reminds me of those awful hamster balls. No escape. YUK.

Exactly except it's even worse as they are walking on wire and I can't imagine as a bunny that you would even want to graze when so restricted. I would imagine it causes great stress :(

There is also no shelter from the sun or predators , oh I could write an essay on all the things wrong with it :(

What upsets me most is that people on pinterest who I thought were bunny lovers are singing it's praises !!!

I remember a thread about these a while ago, imagine a rabbit trying to doing a binky/bunny 500 in that.. :evil:

How odd :? If you want your bunnies to 'mow your yard' why not just move their run once they eat the grass? No need to trap them in that.

I imagine some buns might like it (although they would rather run/graze around the yard without it) like how some hams like hamster balls but buns get stressed so easily I wouldn't want to risk it. ETA: oh I overlooked the fact they'd be walking on wire. That wouldn't be good at all, and rexes would likely get sore hock.

Apologies everyone,I didn't realize there were threads on this before. I guess it's not a bad idea to mention it again as there do seem to be people out there who think having one of these "hamster balls" is a good idea :(

Try contact Action For Rabbits about it. :) They should be able to help raise awareness of how unsuitable these are for rabbits. I've never seen a more ridiculous thing in my life, tbh. Next they have something like this for dogs and cats. :roll:

Try contact Action For Rabbits about it. :) They should be able to help raise awareness of how unsuitable these are for rabbits. I've never seen a more ridiculous thing in my life, tbh. Next they have something like this for dogs and cats. :roll:

I never heard of them but yeah that's a great idea :)

I may be completely wrong but i think they are an Australian thing??

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I just had a look at the pin and it was originally listed on gumtree in Australia so you may be right :) it's terrible that it's being used anywhere in the world but good if it's not available everywhere I guess.

I'm surprised Australia of all places would have something like that. They have pretty tight animal welfare regulations as far as I am aware. But I guess you can find idiots anywhere !!!

Anyone who would put a rabbit in such a thing clearly knows nothing about rabbits. The way a rabbit moves is totally unsuitable for that, the mesh is totally inappropriate for their feet, they can't run in it, they can't stand properly in it and can't hop or binky in it, it is actually more ridiculous than I can put into words.

It never ceases to amaze me how thick human beings are.

:shock: that's ridiculous!! smaller buns could get their feet stuck and broken :( seriously who thinks up these weird ideas?!

Back