• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feedback needed on Pennine Wire Rabbit run

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
I'm going to need a new run for the piggies for the summer and have been looking at a folding wire run. Some of the Trixie ones look good but I'm a little worried about bar-spacing and piggies getting stuck. Plus access through a little flap doesn't look great for trying to catch a wiggly wigglet!

I've seen the Pennine run here http://www.rabbithutchesworld.co.uk/p/Pennine_Wire_Rabbit_Run_with_Shelter.htm(which you can get in a 6x3 size) but wondered if anyone else had one? It appears that the whole top opens for ease of access and the bar spacing is much smaller than a Trixie run. However, it's a lot of money so I don't want to waste my cash if it's poorly made or not suitable.

Not had one of these but will be interested to see the replies. One thing, it has no mesh on the bottom so not fox proof.

I want to get my piggies some kind of run as well.

I don't think there's any moveable run that has a meshed base. But I wouldn't want that anyway as it would hurt their feet and they could get claws caught. I'll use tent pegs to peg it into the grass so that it can't be tipped over. I'm more interested in its build quality and useability etc.

Sorry I can't give a recommendation as I haven't used anything like this, but it looks good though. It will be interesting to hear from others who have used one of these. Your piggies sound as if they are spoilt.......pampered piggies.....yaaaaaaay!!!!

Surely a fox could easily uproot tent pegs??? See what you mean about not wanting them to be walking on mesh though.

Back