• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to get rid of discolored white fur?

warlepus

Young Bun
So it's been a while since I lost my black bunny Levi and I finally have a new girl. She doesn't have a name yet but she's a young kit with white fur and dark ears. I fed her some veggies last night and now her mouth's all green... How do I get rid of this?

:wave: Congratulations on your new bun

The stain from greens, carrots etc usually disappears after a short while. Even muddy white buns soon clean themselves.

Remember to introduce the greens slowly if she hasn't had them before, or is young.

We will need lots of photos, to see how lovely and mischievous she is ;)

Oh, I see. Thank you.

Yeah, she's not mischievous though but she is quite young. She's having some trouble chewing on her veggies so I'm cutting the succeeding servings.

Here are her pics. ^^

2014-02-11171408_zps5bd7dc57.jpg

2014-02-11171416_zps025279aa.jpg

2014-02-11171431_zpsa70e7cdb.jpg

She's not much of a curious girl. She mostly sleeps and stays on my lap.

She is very cute and tiny :love:

You need to ask Spencer how he keeps his face clean my two white buns are always mucky ;)

Just wondering if her teeth have been checked as some of my dental buns have presented like this.

Otherwise she will clean herself off - she is lovely :love:

She is so small! What age is she?
if she wasn't having veg and greens with mum id leave her a wee while and then introduce slowly.
pellets and hay seems the best stuff the now.

i have a white bunny and they always clean themselves off after a few days :)

@ Amy and Sakura: I honestly have no idea how old she is. I purchased her near the train station and there were other bunnies her age. She has considerable difficulty with the greens.

@ Sarah: Her teeth are fine. I'm going to sched an appointment at the vet this weekend just to be doubly sure but other than that there are no obvious physical defects with her teeth.

@ Amy and Sakura: I honestly have no idea how old she is. I purchased her near the train station and there were other bunnies her age. She has considerable difficulty with the greens.

@ Sarah: Her teeth are fine. I'm going to sched an appointment at the vet this weekend just to be doubly sure but other than that there are no obvious physical defects with her teeth.

might be worth asking where you got her what age she is, as depending the age and what she was fed when with mum will depend what you can feed her.
they should be with mum till 8weeks of age ideally, removing before then can cause problems.

if it were me i wouldn't give any veg or greens till you thought she was at least 12weeks old.
and then do it very gradually.
did the place you got her from let you know what food she has been used to eating?
just to make sure that her pellets are ones shes used to.
xxx

Well, it's not actually a 'place'. They're more like people who set up shop and sell at random spots. From what they said, they feed their rabbits pellets and water spinach.

Well, it's not actually a 'place'. They're more like people who set up shop and sell at random spots. From what they said, they feed their rabbits pellets and water spinach.

i seen your in the Philippines :wave:
from what i remember it can be hard to source hay over there? I might be wrong :oops:

id get her to vet for check up, and feed the same kind of pellets that shes been getting fed.
she is so dinky! :love:

Not necessarily hard just expensive. There's dried timothy/alfalfa hay from a Chinese company.

I haven't gone out today since the pet shop's quite a distance from my house, but what can I feed her that might help?

Not necessarily hard just expensive. There's dried timothy/alfalfa hay from a Chinese company.

I haven't gone out today since the pet shop's quite a distance from my house, but what can I feed her that might help?

best diet is hay and pellets and occasionally veg/herbs when shes old enough. In your situation feeding her just pellets shes used to and providing hay seems the best.
i appreciate it may be difficult to find the same people who sold her to you if they don't have a 'place' that they are all the time.

They sell at around the same place but they're not always there.

Hm... I'll get her pellets first thing in the morning then. Thank you. ^^

I'm feeding her water spinach - which she's been eating from her previous caretakers.

once you get the hay and pellets then you'll want to be feeding her unlimited hay, and a decent amount of pellets.
its hard to estimate how much pellets to feed as not too sure of her age, she looks like maybe 4 weeks? Ish?
just going from pics of other babies at that age.
in which case it might be unlimited pellets for a while as well as hay.

also be careful of giving her too much water spinach, too many greens can upset the delicate tummys of our lovely buns xxxx

Back