• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Almost lost Coltsfoot today . . .

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
He had to have another dental . . and part way through his heart started to beat incredibly fast - and they had to try and finish super quick and get him round . . . :(

Its the first time he has had GA problems since we first got him and he had his major mouth/tongue/teeth op when he had a cardiac arrest and had to be restarted .:shock:

Its worrying as he has to have ops every 5-6 weeks and since he hasnt had another incident since that initial op (and has had several since then - in fact numerous) we thought we wouldnt have any more GA issues . .

he is home now and looking bright - but its going to be a real worry when he next has a GA. I have only once lost a rabbit under GA (little Snowdrop :cry::cry:) but ever since have lived in dread of it.

(am fundraising for this latest Coltsfoot op. over on my willow thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...-Sticks-for-Sale-BUMP!-For-Coltsfoot-Vet-fees if anyone wants any fresh cut willow sticks . . :wave:)

Oh gosh how frightening, poor coltsfoot, and poor you! he's been through a lot hasn't he. But glad to hear he is home safe, and bright. X

Poor little lad and how frightening and worrying for you. :( Thank goodness he came through it OK.

How awful for you, that must've been terribly frightening. :( Poor Coltsfoot.
Hoping he makes a full recovery and that there are no further problems. xxxx

Its the vets I feel really sorry for when this happens - it must be SO SCARY when you are mid way through operating.

Though of course now we know he has problems we will be worrying all the time. Thistle (RIP) had dreadful issues as had hardly any lungs due to scarring from pneumonia etc and would turn blue and fall over as a party trick if a vet even looked her way .. she had to have incisors done every couple of weeks without GA until it became too much and she had an op to have them out, vet said was one of the scariest ops they had ever done!! She sailed through it though - not giving in until a ripe old age.

Gosh that must have been scary, I hope he doesn't have any problems with the next one

Coltsfoot is feeling very low today - I think his teeth or jaw hurt him after the op -

He was fabulous yesterday after we picked him up but I suspect that some remnant GA was meaning that any pain was disguised.

He ate and poo'd loads -

but today he is not eating:(

This does tend to happen with him so i wont worry too much unless it continues into tmw - he has had metacam and I can give him more if we decide we need to give him a syringe feed (not something we tend to do with him as the huge stitched together tongue makes syringe feeding very risky and uncomfortable).

But he does look sad.

Hope he picks up with some painkillers.
maybe some herbs or grated carrot would tempt him?
poor wee lad, but your giving him what he needs xxxx

Back