• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uneaten caecals, best nuggets?

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
Hi

I've been feeding my rabbits on science selective for years but Sammy always had a few uneaten caecals everyday. Just wondered if may be I should try changing his nuggets?

Is science selective the best for rabbits?

Hi:wave:

SS is good for rabbits :thumb: also burgess excel.......but I would also think about what else he's eating? Could it be his veg? Is he eating enough hay etc?

I changed from SS after a couple of choking episodes - mine have a mixture of Excel and Fibafirst now. Try reducing pellets a little to encourage more hay eating. I have not seen a caecal for years now (!!)

Coco had lots of left caecals when I fed her excel. She is now on SS and is a bit better but still a bit of an issue. I heard from some people they have had the problem worse on SS than excel so I think it depends on the bun. Coco gets it particularly badly if she has too many pellets, (she is only about 900g herself) so I give my two buns an egg cup between them and then some hand fed pellets for treats to make sure Harvey does get too little. I also found she is worse if I feed her broccoli or carrots.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

My boys used to have really squishy poos until I cut out nuggets altogether, and just kept them n hay, grass and fresh veg. It actuary suited them wonderfully.

Back