• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Green thumbs and foragers 'Question on page 2'

natsbunnies

Warren Scout
I have seen so many posts and questions about plants and foraging ( plus I have many of my own) So I thought that putting a thread where we can contain it all together might be a good idea plus be helpful for others to see.
So any plants/veg/forage ideas, tips or questions pop them in here.

I myself bought some herbs today. Are these all good for rabbits ?

photo_zps6f3e1be3.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Those all seem to be rabbit safe, just did a search on here for you. ;) my buns love rosemary but have not tried them on any of the others. As with all new foods make sure they are introduced individually in very small amounts in case it causes an upset tummy. Also you need to be absolutely sure that they haven't been treated with any chemicals such as weed killer/insecticide etc.

Mine love lemon balm but won't eat rosemary. Hyssop is also a great favourite with spearmint, chocolate mint (amazing) pineapple mint and sage.
But they can demolish a large plant in minutes given the chance so I have to have quite a few plants of each :)

Thank you.
I did ask when I bought them if they had been sprayed by anything :D

They have had Thyme before but none of the others. I will let them grow first before giving the buns any but could give them the odd bit to see what happens.

Does anyone know anywhere that sells apple twigs..or any other fruit sticks. I can't seem to find anything but willow sticks and I can't find any apple trees by me

Does anyone know anywhere that sells apple twigs..or any other fruit sticks. I can't seem to find anything but willow sticks and I can't find any apple trees by me

I think some people on the forum sell them? I can't remember who though! There's an orchard where I walk the dogs and I'm happy to collect some twigs for you if you're happy to cover postage :wave:

Thanks for the replies. I love the look but its a little bit more than I wanted to spend so maybe I shall just have to expand my search.

I have a few plants need identifying

This one looks like dandelion to me ..but the leaves grow a different direction

is this clover ? ? is it bunny safe\

No idea what this is

plus here are the washed dandelions i got, just drying a little now. Can buns have dandelion flowers?

I have a few plants need identifying

This one looks like dandelion to me ..but the leaves grow a different direction

is this clover ? ? is it bunny safe\

No idea what this is

plus here are the washed dandelions i got, just drying a little now. Can buns have dandelion flowers?

I'm NOT an expert but the first one looks like it could be a thistle? Are the ends of the leaves a bit spikey? Don't know if they are safe for buns I'm afraid. The second one doesn't look like clover either but I don't know what it is. The third one looks like cow parsley but you need to be sure as it can look similar to hemlock, which is dangerous. And yes, buns love to eat dandelion flowers.

I'm NOT an expert but the first one looks like it could be a thistle? Are the ends of the leaves a bit spikey? Don't know if they are safe for buns I'm afraid. The second one doesn't look like clover either but I don't know what it is. The third one looks like cow parsley but you need to be sure as it can look similar to hemlock, which is dangerous. And yes, buns love to eat dandelion flowers.

This

We need Parsnipbun or Thumps!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

first looks like sow thistle
second looks like creeping buttercup

so avoid from rabbits

third could be cow parsley or hemlock, as mackers said you need to make sure though

First is thistle. Looks young so may feel soft and smooth now but grows hard.

Second looks like buttercup leaves.

Third is defo hemlock. Cows parsley also known as hogweed is a different leaf.

All three are no no's for your rabbit im afraid.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

On your second pic, the one with burtercup in, there is a plant in the right side of the pic. Although i need a better closer pic, it MAY look like smooth cow thistle which is bunny safe. Would like closer look before giving a definite answer tho :)

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

Thanks so much everyone. I was just in the garden checking out new things that were growing.

Thanks for your help. They will just have to stick with dandelion for now lol

Because of the lovely weather they have been out on the grass but it's given Maisy some very wet looking poops and now she lying stretched out on her belly.

Do you think she could be uncomfortable because she never normally stretches she normally loafs .

Because of the lovely weather they have been out on the grass but it's given Maisy some very wet looking poops and now she lying stretched out on her belly.

Do you think she could be uncomfortable because she never normally stretches she normally loafs .

I think I'm right in saying spring grass is "richer" than normal and thus it could have upset her tum a little. I'd keep a close eye. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back