• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clumsy bunnies?

Kirotea

Mama Doe
I've had my first house bunnies for a month now. When they binky they are always banging into things like walls, doors and furniture! They also always flop against the skirting boards or against furniture usually banging their faces on the way down! Do your rabbits do this or are mine particularly clumsy?? :lol:

Betty and Walter bang into each other at feeding time or for treats. Little clumsy bunnies :lol: I think they just get so excited they forget what they are doing!

Perdy bunny (who is no longer with us but not for being clumsy-rest her soul) used to run around the house so fast, and more than once ran into the book shelf or edge of the sofa and it didnt do her any lasting damage. :roll:

Betty and Walter bang into each other at feeding time or for treats. Little clumsy bunnies :lol: I think they just get so excited they forget what they are doing!

Perdy bunny (who is no longer with us but not for being clumsy-rest her soul) used to run around the house so fast, and more than once ran into the book shelf or edge of the sofa and it didnt do her any lasting damage. :roll:

Millie and Maddie have crashed into each other while doing their flat out running laps round the sofa in opposite directions! :lol: It doesn't seem to bother them but it concerns me sometimes seeing them bashing into things! They have open spaces in front and behind the sofa but they don't binky there!

Poppy does this regularly! She often does several binkys in a row and the only things that stops her is banging into the wall! I have though seen her use the wall to help her binkying by pushing off it with her back legs! Her binkys make me laugh and she tends to go binky mad when I talk to her so the more I giggle at her and talk to her the crazier they get!

Scamps gone head first into my shins numerous times, I don't know if he doesn't notice or assumes I'll move :lol:

Rabbits are most definitely not the most elegant of animals. :lol: My lot are forever running full pelt into each other, me, the furniture etc. They also quite often miss when they try to jump onto the bed, or fall off whilst pestering me to get up. :lol:

Xena usually ends up happy flopping ONTO one of the others, or hits the side of their hut with her feet or head. :roll:

Well it's good to know they're sort of "normal" then! :lol: They have me giggling every night but I often run out of the kitchen area after hearing a thud to just find them flopped out and wondering what I'm worrying about!

They also quite often miss when they try to jump onto the bed, or fall off whilst pestering me to get up. :lol: :roll:

This. Yes - some beautiful leaps, an elegant binky and then totally miss the chair, look sheepish and hop off as if never intended to go on the chair anyway...

Awww, Blueberry likes climbing and usually falls off and then I go running and scoop him up and smoother him with kisses and cuddles in case he's hurt himself and he always squirms free like he's saying "mum! Get off me, I'm fine!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheldon was in completely mad mood last night - and was literally careering into and off walls. He also tried jumping up onto our bed and mis-judged completely and ended in a heap of legs. Bobo was trying to binky in one spot and kept bouncing off the wall too. They often take a flying leap at their sofa and end up do a face plant into the side of it. Holly uses the wall the bounce off - runs at a wall, half leaps up it and boings off it.:roll:

And as for rolly flops - they're all at it at the moment - flinging themselves down, rolling around - don't know what has gotten into them all :roll:- but I seem to have 6 crazy, bonkers, but very happy buns.:love:

They all seem to be made of rubber - but it does concern me somewhat and I am constantly checking them over after a particualy mad session.

Mine are always bashing in to the walls and doors when they run around binkying! I nearly got headbutted once while i was giving Olly headrubs and he jumped up and binkied in my face!

Back