• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit routine ?

Panjanda

Alpha Buck
Hi just wondered if you have a routine with your bunnies, I get up at 7am and the first thing I do is go out to the shed and feed Steel his pellets.
Then I feed my baby lol....got my priorities right:lol:, I then go out about an hour later to clear his bowl away and give him some hay and of course a fuss xx
He then has pellets again at 4pm,and then at 7pm when my baby has gone to bed I go out to the shed and spend an hour with Steel whilst feeding him his fresh herbs and then tucking him up for the night with hay and a kiss xx
I am always popping out to him through the day to say hi and have a quick fuss.

I love my hour in the shed with him at the end of the day, it's a great way to unwind after a hard day with a screaming baby.....bliss :love:

I feed them pellets before I go to work at 7 30 am. They know what time breakfast is and they know they get a treat when I get home from work but after that no real routine. They are in the dining room so I see them a lot and they are let out after I have had my dinner for a run around until their dinner time just before I go to bed. They have fresh hay about twice a day and fresh food for dinner :D

Mine are fed at around 8.00am (veg/herbs and hay). Hay only the in afternoon and pellets and hay at night. I also spend shed time with them when I can. None of them like cuddles but will tolerate the odd stroke. I love just watching them :love:

I don't tend to get up til between 10 and 11am nowadays :)oops:) but the first thing I do is feed them, which was at 10.30 today. Like today, because it is raining so much and is yukky weather, their tarpaulin stays down so I just poke their pellets through the mesh that isn't covered and check they've still got enough hay/water. They are two singles at the moment because their bond broke down, so I try and give them strokes whenever the tarp is up but they rarely stay still :roll: then I often nip out and give them some fresh handpicked grass/leaves/veg or fresh hay around 3pm ish, just to break up the day. I tuck them up with pellets and meds for bed at between 10 and 11pm, because I don't feed them til quite late in the morning I like to leave it as late as possible at night :)

It's not so much me that has a routine - it's more the RABBITS have their routine and god help us if we try to deviate from it :roll::D

Pellets must be given by 6.30am at the latest EVERY day - Sundays included. Sheldon gives very loud and clear demands if we dare be late :shock: Hay and water is replenished then too.

Depending on whether we are at work - herbs (dandelion, marigolds and coneflower with some fibafirst) is given out at late afternoon or when we get home from work. If it is when we get home from work (ie.later) - Bobo gets very grumpy indeed and turns in a micro-pig and snorts at us :love: Hay and water changed then again.

Then it's time for all their free range time. They know how long they've been out for and when it's time for a bit of muesli and they go back to their hutches on their on accord and wait for the treats. They also know at what time they come out for free range...if I open up Bobo and Harley's hutch too early - they will not come out. It has to be at their regular time.

Cheyenne is funny - she used to be in a pen where I had to lift her out and in. She has been moved into a bigger area where she can come in and out as she likes during her free range time - but she STILL gets herself into the 'pick me up' postion as soon as I put her treats in her pen. So she gets lifted into her new pen - but she is a snuggle bun and I have the most wonderful 10 minutes or so of holding my beautiful angel...she just flopps in my arms and closes her eyes whilst I endlessly stroke her nose :love:

They really are creatures of habit - they don't take kindly to changes in their routines - and as they are the bosses of the household - us mere slaves pander to their every need... :love:

Last edited:
It's not so much me that has a routine - it's more the RABBITS have their routine and god help us if we try to deviate from it :roll::D

Pellets must be given by 6.30am at the latest EVERY day - Sundays included. Sheldon gives very loud and clear demands if we dare be late :shock: Hay and water is replenished then too.

Depending on whether we are at work - herbs (dandelion, marigolds and coneflower with some fibafirst) is given out at late afternoon or when we get home from work. If it is when we get home from work (ie.later) - Bobo gets very grumpy indeed and turns in a micro-pig and snorts at us :love: Hay and water changed then again.

Then it's time for all their free range time. They know how long they've been out for and when it's time for a bit of muesli and they go back to their hutches on their on accord and wait for the treats. They also know at what time they come out for free range...if I open up Bobo and Harley's hutch too early - they will not come out. It has to be at their regular time.

Cheyenne is funny - she used to be in a pen where I had to lift her out and in. She has been moved into a bigger area where she can come in and out as she likes during her free range time - but she STILL gets herself into the 'pick me up' postion as soon as I put her treats in her pen. So she gets lifted into her new pen - but she is a snuggle bun and I have the most wonderful 10 minutes or so of holding my beautiful angel...she just flopps in my arms and closes her eyes whilst I endlessly stroke her nose :love:

They really are creatures of habit - they don't take kindly to changes in their routines - and as they are the bosses of the household - us mere slaves pander to their every need... :love:

So funny lol xx

Hi

My bunny as food at 5 am and hay and veg and apple snacks then at night time before her bed time she as fiber first and then good night for her omg if don't do it that way u we'll know about it lol
9353A364-EB22-47BE-AEB5-08D93B88DD71_zpsfdljdmiu.jpg

In the morning I give them their hay, water them, and then 15 or so minutes later I give them their pellets. They like their hay fresh so every few hours I'll give them a small handful of hay and before I go to bed I give them a big handful of hay and then I re-water Jack.

That's the only real routine I have :lol:, free range time and cleaning them out etc is often more random.

In the morning I give them their hay, water them, and then 15 or so minutes later I give them their pellets. They like their hay fresh so every few hours I'll give them a small handful of hay and before I go to bed I give them a big handful of hay and then I re-water Jack.

That's the only real routine I have :lol:, free range time and cleaning them out etc is often more random.

Yes I clean out litter trays everyother day and tidy as I go if needed x

Totally agree with this :lol: Diesel has his routine and god forbid I try and change it.

He gets let out of his cage when I get up in the morning, usually around 6.30am, he does a lap or 2 of the living room, jumps on the chair, head butts the dog then goes and sits near the cupboard where is food is. When I open the cupboard he has his head in the box and takes 1 pellet and runs back to his cage where I give him the rest, plus top up his hay. He free-roams until about 8.30 when I have to go to work. He then gets let out as soon as I get home and has free roam until bedtime, which currently is 9pm (mainly as the pets wont let me get passed this time without getting major p***y with me as they want their treats :lol: )

He's such a character and i'm surprised at how predictable his routine is, mostly of his own doing.

I wake between 7-8am and once my children are all sat down for breakfast I go out to top up my buns pellets and check their supply of hay. Faith always comes running out of her hutch to the bottom of her run excitedly as she knows what's coming. I then spend 10 mins coaxing Jessie into a pet carrier to transfer her from hutch to run and then I go do the school run. Mid morning I pop out with a small piece of veg and sometimes my youngest will come out to say hello with me. Dinnertime I pick up my 3yr old from nursery and then do the boys dinner. My 18 month old has his nap around this time so I go out to the rabbits to clean their litter trays top up their hay and let them out for a run around the garden. 3pm get two eldest from school and at teatime rabbits get another run out in the garden plus a small handful of herbs. 7pm hubby comes home from work and I sit out near their runs and hand feed more pellets poking them at different heights so they can play find the pellets. 11pm I get Jessie back into her hutch (she now knows that the pet carrier means back in the hutch so she hides at the bottom of her run where I can't get to her.) Pellets and hay topped up for them both once she's safe in her hutch. Water bowls/bottles get filled up and they are both given a toilet roll filled with chopped veg and a couple of grapes. If I'm up late catching up on some work then I will pop back out to say night.

My 3 eldest children will also go out to them to pick them fresh grass and talk to them they love spending time with them both x

I wake between 7-8am and once my children are all sat down for breakfast I go out to top up my buns pellets and check their supply of hay. Faith always comes running out of her hutch to the bottom of her run excitedly as she knows what's coming. I then spend 10 mins coaxing Jessie into a pet carrier to transfer her from hutch to run and then I go do the school run. Mid morning I pop out with a small piece of veg and sometimes my youngest will come out to say hello with me. Dinnertime I pick up my 3yr old from nursery and then do the boys dinner. My 18 month old has his nap around this time so I go out to the rabbits to clean their litter trays top up their hay and let them out for a run around the garden. 3pm get two eldest from school and at teatime rabbits get another run out in the garden plus a small handful of herbs. 7pm hubby comes home from work and I sit out near their runs and hand feed more pellets poking them at different heights so they can play find the pellets. 11pm I get Jessie back into her hutch (she now knows that the pet carrier means back in the hutch so she hides at the bottom of her run where I can't get to her.) Pellets and hay topped up for them both once she's safe in her hutch. Water bowls/bottles get filled up and they are both given a toilet roll filled with chopped veg and a couple of grapes. If I'm up late catching up on some work then I will pop back out to say night.

My 3 eldest children will also go out to them to pick them fresh grass and talk to them they love spending time with them both x

Lovely :love:

Back