• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hays

Jojo123

Mama Doe
I bought the buns some dandelion and chamomile hay, it seems to be their favourite! Does anyone know if it's just as good nutritionally as grass hays?

I'm not sure of the nutritional value but I imagine it's quite rich for them, plus dandelions are a diuretic. I'd keep the basic meadow/Timothy and use the fancy stuff as a treat a couple of times a week :)

I used to use this too because the buns loved it!
After a while though I noticed some poops were a little softer than they should be so the vet said just a basic hay is probably best and as said above just give that one as a treat or mix a little in with the basic hay.

Thank you both! I was thought as they seem to love it, it cant be that good for them :D They will have to stick with the meadow and timothy hay and I will use the other to put in the willow balls as a treat :wave:

Is this Vitaverde stuff?

If so it doesn't contain much of the treats, it's mostly normal hay. Sometimes the hay bit is very good quality and they love it, but sometimes it's not so great and they don't eat it.
It's quite expensive but I feed about one handful a day.

Is this Vitaverde stuff?

If so it doesn't contain much of the treats, it's mostly normal hay. Sometimes the hay bit is very good quality and they love it, but sometimes it's not so great and they don't eat it.
It's quite expensive but I feed about one handful a day.

Hi, yes that's the one. It does seem hay like but lots of long nice strands, I did wonder where the dandelions were in it :D

Back