• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beatrix has lost her Husbun Norman after 6 years together

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
we are so sad,we found him asleep in his bed and she was next to him,she was trying to wake him up,so sad
Anyway too cold and wet in her playhouse alone in the garden we have bought her in and looking after her,giving her lots of love,we have her in a dog crate with a teddy bear and some yummy treats,she is quiet,yesterday we put her crate next to Dillon,our giant house bunny.he is gentle and kind and he lay next to her and she didnt seem to dislike it,she is quiet but I think she is still grieving,we are introducing them for ahalf hour at a time and then putting them side by side in their own crates,how do I know if she wants him to be her new friend or not,maybe she will prefer to be alone? I dont know

I'm sorry you've lost Norman. :( I don't have experience of bonded bunnies, but it sounds as if you are taking good care of Beatrix. Hopefully someone with more experience will be able to offer advice.

Sleep tight Norman. xx

Thank you,the only thing I can say is that if it had been the other way round then Norman may not have liked being introduced to another male,its just awful as our last dutch was at least 11 years old and Norman was about 7

I'm so sorry you've lost Norman :cry:

Sweet dreams precious and extra gentle nose rubs for Beatrix xxx

oh No... what sad news, I'm sorry,,,,

Binky Free Norman and loads of noserubs to Beatrix

Fee x

Awww trying to wake him :cry:

Glad she is inside and next to another rabbit.

Sorry for your loss.

So so sorry :( :(
Glad youve brough Beatrix in and she is next to another bunny.... its so hard for the one left behind :cry:

It is too sad for the bun left behind :cry: my storm is on his own after losing his gypsy bun. They were together for over 8 years. I am so sorry you are going through this too (((hugs)))

I'm so sorry Norman has gone to the Bridge. :cry: ((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))
I think how you are helping Beatrix cope is very good. I hope she will find comfort in Dillon's company. Poor dear. The mental picture of her trying to wake Norman is heart breaking. :(

Binky free, Norman. xxxx

Back