• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One of my babies seems to be minus one tail

Whitelighter

Warren Scout
During the crate clean and best check (while Poppy was off nomming treats) I noticed one of my kits seems to be missing their tail. I can't be sure they weren't born like this but it seems much shorter than the others and has a sort of liquid tinge to it - not blood but like a clear fluid.

Eyes are open today but could one of the others bitten it off? Do they have teeth at this age.

I can try and get a pic if it would help. If it hd an injury do I ends to do anything or will it heal?

Edit: definitely got a bit missing. Took some pics:

5FC4C112-1922-4C19-9D6F-E393324D9837.jpg

0F2BBB27-58EF-4034-B93C-B11D0FC06A93.jpg

7E7B5EFC-F852-4F98-BFB2-060AA03B52DD.jpg

Last edited:
Poppy may have bitten it accidentally. I've heard of young/inexperienced mums overgrooming before. It does look like it has been bleeding. I'd give the vet a bell and ask whether you need to put any anti-septic stuff on it or not. They will have an out of hours phone service.

eta - just wanted to add to keep stress to a minimum for mum, I'm sure it is probably just because she is very young, but stress has been linked with overgrooming/injuring kits.

Last edited:
Back