• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harvey pees on the sofa

bizziel

Alpha Buck
All the time! Any tips on how I can stop him? He is a neutered male bonded to Coco, a neutered female. Harvey was neutered back in the summer so hormones shouldn't be a problem. He is only 11 months old. Their cage opens right onto the sofa due to the set up of our living room so I'm thinking it might be that he is marking at the entrance to the 'warren'? Here is a pic of our set up, sorry the lighting is dreadful...

5ysymyre.jpg

The buns have been together for about 2 months. He used to do it before they were bonded and I figured he was marking to show Coco that it's his, but he is still doing it even though he is not at all territorial with her and grooms her loads.

They have a litter tray they use in their cage and apart from the sofa seem pretty well litter trained.

To try to stop the worst of it I have put a plastic bedsheet on the sofa and a litter tray which they both use but I am still finding puddles almost everyday. When I find one I soak it up with a tissue and add it to the tray to show him where he should go and I clean the area with water and vinegar but it's still happening.

Today I have scrubbed the entire sofa down with vinegar water to deaden the smell (waiting for it to dry) and I have bought a plastic-backed picnic rug to go on the sofa upside down to protect it better.

I really don't want to reduce their space by stopping access to the sofa (it's pretty big and they also have a run underneath and behind where they like to hide) but that's the only way I can think to stop this happening.

Sorry for the essay. Has anyone got any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Solution: rearrange living room (and life) around the bunnies :D

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I feel the Rabbits just know they shouldn't do it but do it to defy us and go ner ner! Lol

Yuri does this and she is fully litter trained te little madam!

Back