• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lilly had a snooze on my lap!

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
:shock:

She was sleeping in her litter tray (getting head rubs from me), but I needed her to move so I could clean the tray out. So I picked her up and plonked her on my lap (I was sat cross-legged). I gave her a quick nose rub as an apology for picking her up, and she turned around facing as if she was about to walk off my lap like usual, but this time stopped with just her front feet on me. So I started nose rubs, and she laid down, back legs in my lap, front feet off at a steep angle! But she was so cosy and got a full body massage and became very sleepy, she wasn't moving much when I stopped stroking, only moved to position her nose back under my nearest hand :love:

I can't believe how she used to be so independent and only want the very occasional nose rub and only if she came and asked for it, no nose rubs if I was the one to walk over and initiate!

My lap is covered in bunny hairs from my moulting baby though! I so love her so much :love: I still can't believe she's turned into a cuddly bunny!

Eeeeeeeeeee she's so cute!! (can you tell how excited I am that she actually did this?! :lol:)

Awww that's lovely! I hope Alfie turns into a cuddle bun one day, hes slowly getting better though :D

Awww that's lovely! I hope Alfie turns into a cuddle bun one day, hes slowly getting better though :D

It's been really lovely watching Lilly get more confident and start trusting me (and everyone else too) more and more :D she really came on when I move her into the house from the garden. She was still timid when first in the house, but she started getting more and more chilled very quickly after that! :D

Harvey was always almost as tame as he is now, first day I had him I laid in the run with him and he came and tucked his head under my hand :shock: and laid down when I started stroking his head :shock: he has become a bit more relaxed since moving in though, but there wasn't much change with him, he was just born chilled out :lol:

Buster loves snuggles so at least I have one to smoosh! Alfie is 1 now and have had him since 8 weeks and hes always been inside, he will jump all over me and climb up my back just doesn't like snuggling which is a shame as hes such a little, cute, grumpy bunny that makes me want to snuggle him more :D

Snuggle bunnies are very cute :) it's one of my selfish parts of bunny ownership, I always will want one of a pair I own to be a snuggly bun, the other can be a grumpy "look but don't touch bunny" though, as long as one enjoys cuddles!

Jojo123 I know what you mean about wanting to cuddle the grumpy ones even more :lol: Lilly pulls some of the best grumpy faces and does have a bit of an attitude, it just makes me want to smother her with kisses!!

Aw how nice, I'm hoping I'll be able to build up more of a bond with mine once I get the shed and I can sit in with them and spend more time with them :live:

Aw how nice, I'm hoping I'll be able to build up more of a bond with mine once I get the shed and I can sit in with them and spend more time with them :live:

I'm sure it will help loads, when I went from a hutch to an aviary it was great, especially in nice weather because I could just go lay out there and they'd climb all over me :lol: in the hutch it was annoying because I could only put a hand in, which was fine because Harvey desperately wanted attention, but Lilly only wanted it when she was feeling brave! Now she's always brave!!

A shed will be so great because you can sit in it in any weather :love:

Awwwwww that sounds really lovely. Mine are all very watchable but only a few of them tolerate strokes (and not for long).

Back