• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Puppy pads?

Panjanda

Alpha Buck
Hi does anyone know of a reason why I can't put puppy training pads down on the hutch floor then hay on top.
As long as bunny isn't chewing it should be ok shouldn't it ?

I use them in the indoor rabbits litter trays, a puppy pad then loads of hay on top, cleaned out daily. It's worked much better than anything else and it makes cleaning them out a lot quicker too.

I wouldn't with my outdoors because they dig sometimes so they still have newspaper and hay.

Nope can't see a reason why you can't use as long as rabbit isn't a digger or chewer.

I just use newspaper in my litter trays and on the floor of the hutches though much safer if I get one who decides to dig out the tray or the floor

Last edited:
Yeah the chewing is my only worry...or cost. I can't believe the large bags of these are upwards of $30 US here! :shock: It's highway robbery I tell you! :evil:
I have to use these for Mimzy mostly because he is somewhat incontinent and doesn't use a litter box due to his arthritis. He sleeps on towels over plastic sheeting but while I clean his habitat he sits in his old storage box hospital bed with one of these in the bottom each night. If he doesn't wee on it I can use it next day...but he mostly does. :(
Even a nail trim is a hazardous undertaking when you can get baptized by bunny pee at any moment. :roll: So I always have one of these handy.

Yeah the chewing is my only worry...or cost. I can't believe the large bags of these are upwards of $30 US here! :shock: It's highway robbery I tell you! :evil:
I have to use these for Mimzy mostly because he is somewhat incontinent and doesn't use a litter box due to his arthritis. He sleeps on towels over plastic sheeting but while I clean his habitat he sits in his old storage box hospital bed with one of these in the bottom each night. If he doesn't wee on it I can use it next day...but he mostly does. :(
Even a nail trim is a hazardous undertaking when you can get baptized by bunny pee at any moment. :roll: So I always have one of these handy.

Bless Mimzy xx
Yeah the cost is the only down side :shock:

Depending on how many you will use at a time... poundland are great for these 5 for a £1.

I use them with my indoor buns, both are diggers and chewers :roll:

We get packs of 30 for £5 from b&m, 4 packs at a time and they last months. 3 get used daily for each litter tray.

Also Home Bargains, I think it was a box of 100 for £20 or something someone mentioned on another thread.

Bless Mimzy xx
Yeah the cost is the only down side :shock:

I agree about the cost but I have found Walmart has the best buy here for ones that don't leak and Julie drinks and pees quiet a bit. The have the brand OUT for $23.98 US for 100 pads.
Julie can't walk or stand up from degenerative spinal arthritis. I use a puppy pads under her vet bed. The puppy pads and vet bed is the only way to keep all the pee off her and the floors. They are a life saver for her and me. I have bought much cheaper on line but they leaked if she peed too much in one spot while sleeping in one spot. The brand Out look cheap as they are not quilted but are very absorbent.

Last edited:
Back