• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I will be picking up new Bun in 2 weeks :) update, pic p33

Ooo where are you getting her from and can we have lots of pics and are they doing the bonding for you???

Bet Timmy will be happy. A wife and a bigger living space. Hows he doing after his op?

dare I ask is she a rescue?

I have been slighty naughty and rehomed from facebook. Although I like to think of it as rescuing as I feel she'd have been alone her whole life without me :)

I shall pop some pics on when I collect her :) x

I have been slighty naughty and rehomed from facebook. Although I like to think of it as rescuing as I feel she'd have been alone her whole life without me :)

I shall pop some pics on when I collect her :) x

Hope you haven't paid for her

If you've paid money for her then you haven't rehomed you have bought. Facebook is full of backyard breeders and at a time when rescues are trying their best to fight their corner on this forum this makes me sad..aswell as other things

Hope all goes well for her settling in and bonding with Timmy. I'd have gone for a rescue bun myself, but it's up to everyone to make their own decision about what's right for them. :wave:

Last edited:
I will be picking up new Bun in 2 weeks :)

Hope you haven't paid for her

If you've paid money for her then you haven't rehomed you have bought. Facebook is full of backyard breeders and at a time when rescues are trying their best to fight their corner on this forum this makes me sad..aswell as other things

I get your point but, to be honest, the animal already existed before it was put on FB. What else would to happen to it? Dog food? Death? I think it's a bit unkind to have a dig at a well-meaning forum member who's providing a home for an animal in need (even if that need is to get out of the hands of Cruella d'Evil the Breeder....). I agree it's a problem; I agree many rescues do a great job; but I'm really disliking this "us and them" debate over the last few days. This is not personal to you or to take anything away from the good work you, and many others, do but division doesn't often solve problems in my experience :(

OP - I hope your new bun will be happy with you in his new life. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So in that case it's ok to buy from puppy farmers on gumtree too, as the dogs need a home.
I have to ask how old is the rabbit if you have to wait 2 weeks, it implies it's a baby, so therefore is being sold?

I get your point but, to be honest, the animal already existed before it was put on FB. What else would to happen to it? Dog food? Death? I think it's a bit unkind to have a dig at a well-meaning forum member who's providing a home for an animal in need (even if that need is to get out of the hands of Cruella d'Evil the Breeder....). I agree it's a problem; I agree many rescues do a great job; but I'm really disliking this "us and them" debate over the last few days. This is not personal to you or to take anything away from the good work you, and many others, do but division doesn't often solve problems in my experience :(

OP - I hope your new bun will be happy with you in his new life. :)

buying from a breeder encourages more breeding..end of.
and it is us and them.. "us " being those that rescue and those that really care about the unwanted pet situation, versus "them" those that don't care and those who say they do until they want a pet themselves.
and a warning..we have recently taken in two very young nethies bought from a breeder who advertised on Fb , Preloved ad Gumtree. Supplied a family tree , ect, both little bunnies have teeth problems..genectic ones according to our vet and they are only 23 weeks old. Now who do you know who will adopt them? and the breeder will still be breeding from those lines

Last edited:
I really hope this isn't going to turn into another OP bashing thread! Yes rescuers do an amazing job, I have all the respect in the world for what a good rescue does for these animals and I also understand how frustrating it must be seeing mistreatment first hand. What I don't have respect for is personal insults! Yes be informative, give facts and try to persuade people to rescue but don't bully them into it and make personal comments to make them feel guilty about their personal choices

The important thing is that Timmy has a wife. :)

I can understand how difficult it must be for rescues seeing these types of posts, but what's done is done, the important thing is 2 bunnies are going to have a wonderful life together :)

So in that case it's ok to buy from puppy farmers on gumtree too, as the dogs need a home.
I have to ask how old is the rabbit if you have to wait 2 weeks, it implies it's a baby, so therefore is being sold?

As I see it, there are three options:

1. Shoot the animals
2. Shut the (puppy/animal) farms down via a legal route if they are that bad
3. Find homes for them whilst the public learn about the evils and the demand wanes so supply ceases.

Given 3 is the only real option, I'd have thought people, such as forum members, should pull together rather than divide. It seems to make sense and satisfy both "sides" of this argument to help with a solution. Self-evidently, there is no "quick fix" as you know. I understand that must be frustrating for you but that seems to be dealing with the facts as they are rather than those we all wish for.

Mods: sorry for the digression. :)

I really hope this isn't going to turn into another OP bashing thread! Yes rescuers do an amazing job, I have all the respect in the world for what a good rescue does for these animals and I also understand how frustrating it must be seeing mistreatment first hand. What I don't have respect for is personal insults! Yes be informative, give facts and try to persuade people to rescue but don't bully them into it and make personal comments to make them feel guilty about their personal choices

All I can see is rescues pointing out facts!
Have you looked at the thread about rescue animals in general chat, perhaps you will see why we get upset. Every time an animal is bought, it's one less rescue rehomed and one less space made available for an animal in need.

we are always accused of throwing insults and bullying when we do not. We post the facts and the statistics and details of what we do every day.
~When I used to psot a thread about adopting not buying, someone always came on and said " is that aimed at me? " as they may have just bought a pet. It isn't aimed at one person..we deal with this every day..we post about these things all the time..but yes..if it coincides with YOU buying a pet, then it is aimed at YOU and all the other pet buyers
Some of you may have noticed that many rescues stopped posting on here due to the way we all felt rescues were treated.
We are all trying to come back and get the message across, politley

The members calling us names and accusing us of things we are not doing should actually read what's posted. if the "bullying" card is pulled out once more I will scream.

People have the right to do as they wish.... each to their own ..... but
This is obviously the frustrating bit..... however much rescues put their point across....people still go elsewhere :( I dont see any of Jills post as personally insulting the op.... People must realise these threads are like a kick in the teeth to rescues who are full ,struggling and desperatley trying to find homes for lovely bunnies...

This is all so upsetting. Rescues do a wonderful job, no one is disputing that but please can we concentrate on supporting and caring for the bunnies that we all obviously love and care so much for.
I would hate to see people who could do with support and guidance in bunny care leaving the forum as then their bunnies may lose out. x

Back