• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleep tight Grace. We will never forget you xx

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I was not expecting the bunny I was handed this morning :(

The worst thing is they really love her but didnt know how to care for her and had what sounds like an absolutely awful vet.

I've only handled her for a few minutes and need to change my sweatshirt as it smells so badly :(

I will take photos so you can meet Grace a bit later on.

I just hope we can make her more comfortable and she doesn't have any serious underlying issues

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Aw, poor dear. That sounds terrible. I wouldn't want to deal with a vet who didn't know their stuff about bunnies. :(
It must have been so difficult for them to let her go. Didn't you say in another thread they'd had her nine years?

(((((((((((Many vibes))))))))) for your new wee one. Looking forward to photos when both you and she are able. xxxx

Lots of vibes for little Grace. Glad she is in a comfy home now. Sounds like a genuinely sad story of just not educating yourself on how to care for an animal.

Thank you. The poor girl is making the entire shed smell :( She is extremely tired from her journey so we will leave her to sleep for awhile.

The family knew she wasn't right so took her to the vet but they weren't interested in checking her properly and just wanted to pts :( They refused as they felt she was still eating well and able to enjoy life and instead asked us to help. So yes while Grace is in a most horrendous state her family didn't give up on her and have left her with us, walking away in tears, because they recognised that Grace needed help that they didn't have the knowledge to give her.

very sad for all concerned especially Grace :(

:cry: thank goodness she is with you now, and can get the care she needs :thumb: sending vibes for Grace xx

Glad she's safe with you Liz.

I do however question their story, and the tears.
It's not difficult to find out how to look after any animal and if they knew enough to know the vet was wrong they could have tried another vet, or done some research themselves.

I'm going to sound like a totally heartless cynical moo but I think they just wanted rid of her and the tears were guilt.

Glad she's safe with you Liz.

I do however question their story, and the tears.
It's not difficult to find out how to look after any animal and if they knew enough to know the vet was wrong they could have tried another vet, or done some research themselves.

I'm going to sound like a totally heartless cynical moo but I think they just wanted rid of her and the tears were guilt.

I'm glad she's in safe and caring hands now Liz but Red Fraggle, I do agree with you. If you loved something as much as you said you did, you'd make the effort to look after it properly. Guilt can make you very upset.

Maybe i just like to see the good in people it makes for a better world :)

Me too, I think it takes a very selfless person to admit your best isn't good enough and you need to forget your own emotions and put bunnies needs first.

Me too, I think it takes a very selfless person to admit your best isn't good enough and you need to forget your own emotions and put bunnies needs first.

Exactly if they didn't care why didn't they just pts as the vet advised. Why travel for miles across the country to get her to us and see her settled. Both Grace and her sister were also rescue buns from the rspca 6 years ago so they never went to a breeder or pet shop.

They spent an hour with us showing great interest in the bunnies and chatting about Grace. But they just didn't recognise quite how bad she had become. I think sometimes when a pet you have had for a long time starts to deteriorate over time you don't realise just how bad they have got :(

I might be completely wrong but they seemed genuine to us. Either way Grace is how she is and it is her we need to concentrate on now :)

Sending vibes for Grace. She has most certainly landed on her paws coming to RRRH. Hope her problems can be quickly sorted with the correct care and she has many happy years ahead of her.

Pictures - not great ones as she was sound asleep and I didn't want to pull her around too much. She isn't great underneath. Her gentiles are very red and puffy. I am wondering if they have been burnt as I know they dried her off every time she had been out in the wet with a hair dryer........:? She will be going to the vet on Tuesday for a full check up.

This is the photo we were sent before she arrived. They did say it was a year old, but even still...............

4-C996DDBA-633677-480.jpg

Wasn't quite expecting this :cry:

P1050760.jpg

P1050761.jpg

P1050764.jpg

1a7ac4f7-9b98-46e8-906a-967f671a43c3.jpg

Like I said the smell is terrible. Not sure where all the smell is coming from but the inside of her ears is a little ripe :cry:

I haven't posted these on FB yet but I will later. Please don't reply on there too harshly as the owners have joined the group and will be following her progress and I don't want to upset them more than they already are, even if you personally feel they do deserve it. Thanks x

Well, whatever the failings of the owners they had the love and decency to get Grace to you.

Poor little love. Lop ears often seem to cause problems. The humans wanting a cute look factor as in so many breeds (I have a very cute tri coloured mini lop and he sure is cuuute).

Lots of resting and recovery vibes to Grace. Hope she feels relaxed and settled very soon x

Back