PDA

View Full Version : Sleep tight Grace. We will never forget you xx

Pages : [1] 2

Hugo's There
08-02-2014, 11:48 AM
I was not expecting the bunny I was handed this morning :(

The worst thing is they really love her but didnt know how to care for her and had what sounds like an absolutely awful vet.

I've only handled her for a few minutes and need to change my sweatshirt as it smells so badly :(

I will take photos so you can meet Grace a bit later on.

I just hope we can make her more comfortable and she doesn't have any serious underlying issues

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

MimzMum
08-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Aw, poor dear. That sounds terrible. I wouldn't want to deal with a vet who didn't know their stuff about bunnies. :(
It must have been so difficult for them to let her go. Didn't you say in another thread they'd had her nine years?

(((((((((((Many vibes))))))))) for your new wee one. Looking forward to photos when both you and she are able. xxxx

KarenM
08-02-2014, 11:57 AM
:( Lots of vibes. xx

biscandmatt1
08-02-2014, 11:58 AM
poor little bunny. sending her all the best x

chloeturner
08-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Sending lots of vibes for the little bunny xx

susie bun
08-02-2014, 12:38 PM
:( Lots of vibes. Hope she settles in to her new home and is able to enjoy her retirement.

elmoandfern
08-02-2014, 12:40 PM
sending lots of vibes for little Grace xx

Clare-uk
08-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Lots of vibes for little Grace. Glad she is in a comfy home now. Sounds like a genuinely sad story of just not educating yourself on how to care for an animal.

Hugo's There
08-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Thank you. The poor girl is making the entire shed smell :( She is extremely tired from her journey so we will leave her to sleep for awhile.

The family knew she wasn't right so took her to the vet but they weren't interested in checking her properly and just wanted to pts :( They refused as they felt she was still eating well and able to enjoy life and instead asked us to help. So yes while Grace is in a most horrendous state her family didn't give up on her and have left her with us, walking away in tears, because they recognised that Grace needed help that they didn't have the knowledge to give her.

very sad for all concerned especially Grace :(

Zoobec
08-02-2014, 01:19 PM
:cry: thank goodness she is with you now, and can get the care she needs :thumb: sending vibes for Grace xx

RedFraggle
08-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Glad she's safe with you Liz.

I do however question their story, and the tears.
It's not difficult to find out how to look after any animal and if they knew enough to know the vet was wrong they could have tried another vet, or done some research themselves.

I'm going to sound like a totally heartless cynical moo but I think they just wanted rid of her and the tears were guilt.

Mackers
08-02-2014, 01:33 PM

It's not difficult to find out how to look after any animal and if they knew enough to know the vet was wrong they could have tried another vet, or done some research themselves.

I'm going to sound like a totally heartless cynical moo but I think they just wanted rid of her and the tears were guilt.

I'm glad she's in safe and caring hands now Liz but Red Fraggle, I do agree with you. If you loved something as much as you said you did, you'd make the effort to look after it properly. Guilt can make you very upset.

Hugo's There
08-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Maybe i just like to see the good in people it makes for a better world :)

Amy104
08-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Me too, I think it takes a very selfless person to admit your best isn't good enough and you need to forget your own emotions and put bunnies needs first.

Hugo's There
08-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Me too, I think it takes a very selfless person to admit your best isn't good enough and you need to forget your own emotions and put bunnies needs first.

Exactly if they didn't care why didn't they just pts as the vet advised. Why travel for miles across the country to get her to us and see her settled. Both Grace and her sister were also rescue buns from the rspca 6 years ago so they never went to a breeder or pet shop.

They spent an hour with us showing great interest in the bunnies and chatting about Grace. But they just didn't recognise quite how bad she had become. I think sometimes when a pet you have had for a long time starts to deteriorate over time you don't realise just how bad they have got :(

I might be completely wrong but they seemed genuine to us. Either way Grace is how she is and it is her we need to concentrate on now :)

Amy104
08-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Definitely, She's in the best place for her now. X

foxy2279
08-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Sending vibes for Grace. She has most certainly landed on her paws coming to RRRH. Hope her problems can be quickly sorted with the correct care and she has many happy years ahead of her.

ripminnie
08-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Poor Grace :( I do hope she'll be alright xxx

Hugo's There
08-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Pictures - not great ones as she was sound asleep and I didn't want to pull her around too much. She isn't great underneath. Her gentiles are very red and puffy. I am wondering if they have been burnt as I know they dried her off every time she had been out in the wet with a hair dryer........:? She will be going to the vet on Tuesday for a full check up.

This is the photo we were sent before she arrived. They did say it was a year old, but even still...............

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbowbuns2/4-C996DDBA-633677-480.jpg

Wasn't quite expecting this :cry:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbowbuns2/P1050760.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbowbuns2/P1050761.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbowbuns2/P1050764.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbowbuns2/1a7ac4f7-9b98-46e8-906a-967f671a43c3.jpg

Like I said the smell is terrible. Not sure where all the smell is coming from but the inside of her ears is a little ripe :cry:

I haven't posted these on FB yet but I will later. Please don't reply on there too harshly as the owners have joined the group and will be following her progress and I don't want to upset them more than they already are, even if you personally feel they do deserve it. Thanks x

tulsi
08-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Well, whatever the failings of the owners they had the love and decency to get Grace to you.

Poor little love. Lop ears often seem to cause problems. The humans wanting a cute look factor as in so many breeds (I have a very cute tri coloured mini lop and he sure is cuuute).

Lots of resting and recovery vibes to Grace. Hope she feels relaxed and settled very soon x

Vegan_Bunny
08-02-2014, 03:06 PM
:cry: :cry: Poor girl.

Sending tons of vibes her way. I am glad she is safe with you, now.

bunny babe
08-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Poor little girl, she is safe with you now Liz. The owners have done the right thing getting her to you.

iggyperdyandme
08-02-2014, 03:22 PM
oh my! poor little love! i hope she feels better soon! Her eyes look so sore! :cry::cry:

Fee
08-02-2014, 03:23 PM
:cry:.. awww the wee pet... She looks so sad, make no wonder with all her sore wee bits...

Lots of healing vibes being sent

Fee xxx

Tracy
08-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Good grief. :cry:

When I was reading through the thread I wasn't quite expecting such shocking photos. I do lean towards agreeing with RF, but in their defence at least they had the sense and courage to do the right thing in the end. I just hope they have acted in time and that Grace will recover and be OK.

It's good that the owners will be following Grace's progress. Hopefully they will be able to learn something from all this.

Sending lots and lots of vibes for Grace. I'm glad that she is now safe and look forward to watching her progress.

J&R
08-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Oh poor girl, so glad she is safe and well cared for now

Bunny Buddy
08-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Oh that poor, poor little bunny. Hopefully in a few weeks time she will look and feel massively better. I remember well feeling similar shock at seeing Timmy's bald and sore legs and just how much about a week or so of the right care improved him. Hopefully you can turn Grace's life around to the same degree.

Santa
08-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Wow, poor little mite, that must have been a real shock when you first saw her :shock: I do hope it's not too late and that something can be done for her health and eyesight. I'm sure even just having some lovely clean, warm bedding and pain relief will make a big difference to her.

I do have some sympathy for the owners - not everyone is as aware that we are that vets vary in their degree of ability with bunnies. If they had just been wanting to 'get rid' of her, they could easily have pts rather than doing some research and bringing her to Rainbow Rabbits. It's just a shame it's got to this stage before that happened.

Gentle nose rubs to the little one xxx

Hugo's There
08-02-2014, 03:57 PM
They did contact me at the beginning of the year but its only now we could squeeze her in. I know they contacted other places before me and all turned her away, so they had been trying for awhile. When i said we would have space in the future they jumped at the chance and i know they took her to the vet again while waiting to bring her.

I know there is little excuse for ignorance but i don't think ignorance makes you necessarily bad. Today has been hard enough so I chose to believe that they had Grace's best interests at heart.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about them and i am well aware people aren't all good. But it matters little to Grace's future now. She is here, she is safe and warm and will get all the best vet treatment she needs. So hopefully onwards and upwards :)

KarenM
08-02-2014, 04:08 PM
I do have some sympathy for the owners - not everyone is as aware that we are that vets vary in their degree of ability with bunnies. If they had just been wanting to 'get rid' of her, they could easily have pts rather than doing some research and bringing her to Rainbow Rabbits. It's just a shame it's got to this stage before that happened.

I agree.

I also think there's a world of difference between ignorance/misinformation - which I've been guilty myself of in the past before I got Alfie and found this forum - and pure neglect. It sounds like the owners knew she needed help but weren't aware of how much they'd been let down by the vet (remember the general public would assume that vets are clued up on all companion animals, not just cats and dogs). It's not always easy to research either - there's so much info out there (& much of it not very good) that you sometimes can't see for looking.

Whatever the truth, I'm glad that this darling bunny is safe and will be well looked after. :love:

tonibun
08-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Sending healing vibes for Grace.

Mackers
08-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Her poor little peepers look ever so sore :(. Sending her lots of healing vibes.

bunbuns
08-02-2014, 04:13 PM
Poor little girl :cry:

I do hope you can get her well again xxx

ripminnie
08-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Poor girl :( I hope she settles in ok and you can get her sorted xxx

Mrs. Bunnykins
08-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Hoping Grace is 100% and fit as a fiddle very soon. :love::love:

Sarah1989
08-02-2014, 05:07 PM
Omg I got a bit of a shock at her eyes? What's happened to them? I agree with you about the owners btw, I think they were genuine as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo's There
08-02-2014, 05:44 PM
I really don't know. She is so tired i haven't picked her up yet. Sometimes you have to go slowly with the oldies. She has eaten well so will Leave her today and give her a thorough check over tomorrow. However the eye looks more like an ulcer than cataracts, but i could be completely wrong....

Santa
08-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Yes it definitely looks more ulcery from the photo, it looks as if it's spread across the surface doesn't it. The way they look remind me of the little black bun you took in, I'm really sorry I've lost track of his name, but I'm sure you know the one I mean :oops:

Hugo's There
08-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Stevie?

I don't even know if she can walk yet. She fell asleep where I put her and ate from a food bowl I put under her nose. She certainly has a lot of muscle wastage :(

She really does remind me of a little old lady who spends her days sleeping in the corner of a nursing home.

susie bun
08-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Sending vibes for Grace. Her owners sound genuine to me, and I hope they can enjoy following Grace's progress on facebook without facing what may be unduly harsh criticism as they have clearly taken some trouble to find her a new home where she will receive the treatment she needs. It's good that she has eaten well after her journey.

tonibun
08-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Give her lots of time. We don't expect miracles Sometimes the spirit has to be healed before the body (I learned that from the Donkey lady Elizabeth Svensson).

donnamt
08-02-2014, 06:14 PM

that is really unfair. i battled for a month with Holly's mystery illness before i had to admit defeat and drive her 400 miles back to hopper haven, i do not feel guilt i didnt give up before but i cried daily for months!!

the vets themselves were in contact with the **** vets and still no reason for her illness came forward. took someone with real bunny know how to take one look at her and see what needed to be done and it took a further month to get her interested back in life and then 18 months on medication kept her alive, i dont beleive any vet would of helped Holly better than someone who deals with bunnies day in day out and i was massively out of my depth with her.

sending loads and loads of vibes to this little angel and i hope you have many happy updates for her previous owners :love: I also hope they care enough to sponsor her while she lives with you xxx

Hugo's There
08-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Sending vibes for Grace. Her owners sound genuine to me, and I hope they can enjoy following Grace's progress on facebook without facing what may be unduly harsh criticism as they have clearly taken some trouble to find her a new home where she will receive the treatment she needs. It's good that she has eaten well after her journey.

Thankfully no one on fb has been critical at all. Everyone who has commented are just grateful that the family didn't act on the vets advice of pts and took the time to find us to help her :)

Roly Poly
08-02-2014, 06:34 PM
Wishing her lots of lovely get well vibes xxx

natsbunnies
08-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Aww what a precious little bun.
Sounds genuine to me. If you are told by a vet to do something and are unaware of any online community then you of course will do what the vet tells you.
Must of been so difficult for them to let her go but they could of just dumped her anywhere but they cared enough to put her in your care so that says it all IMO

RedFraggle
08-02-2014, 06:41 PM
I didn't expect anyone to agree with me and said I was being a cynical moo.

I'm just sick of people letting animals get into such a state and dread to think what would happen to these poor creatures if the rescue network in the UK wasn't what it is. I think many people lie when they surrender an animal. I may be wrong in this case, I may not.

I wouldn't dream of posting my thoughts on FB as Liz has already said the previous owners are going to follow her story. Nor would I deliberately offend Liz in any way, I've known her since I was 2 and totally respect what she does.

If I've upset you Liz I'm very sorry.

hoppetylop
08-02-2014, 07:36 PM
I think whats important now for this little one is her recovery and better future.Im sending loads of recovery vibes and I hope whatever conditions are uncovered can be treated with not too much difficulty.Her future starts today and shes in safe hands:love:

Hugo's There
08-02-2014, 08:46 PM
I didn't expect anyone to agree with me and said I was being a cynical moo.

I'm just sick of people letting animals get into such a state and dread to think what would happen to these poor creatures if the rescue network in the UK wasn't what it is. I think many people lie when they surrender an animal. I may be wrong in this case, I may not.

I wouldn't dream of posting my thoughts on FB as Liz has already said the previous owners are going to follow her story. Nor would I deliberately offend Liz in any way, I've known her since I was 2 and totally respect what she does.

If I've upset you Liz I'm very sorry.

You haven't upset me Chris, but its a bit disappointing to have to explain myself so much after a horrible day at the end of a very hard week.

We have been doing this for over 6 years, we aren't naive, we are well aware of the lies that people can tell even if I do like to see the positives in people where I can. I have been in email contact with the family for over a month. They have also kept me up to date regarding vet consults. The whole family spent an hour in our home including the children who were full of stories about Grace. They brought us towels and newspapers. Grace's belongings were in pristine condition and she has been fed good quality pellets and hay. The only thing negative I can say is that they used sawdust. Normally we get a green water bottle and a bag of tesco value mix if we are lucky! As far as I am concerned they were good people that lacked knowledge but wanted the best for their rabbit. As I said before everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I feel we are the ones in the best position to decide whether or not they are liars.

TBH I don't think this should be the main focus here. All this distracts from what is really important which is Grace, an elderly, tired bunny. Who, regardless of where blame lies, has been badly let down and has suffered because of it :(

So as hoppertylop says lets forget that aspect of it and turn our attentions to Grace's fight to have a happy and comfortable future x

MimzMum
08-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Aww what a precious little bun.
Sounds genuine to me. If you are told by a vet to do something and are unaware of any online community then you of course will do what the vet tells you.
Must of been so difficult for them to let her go but they could of just dumped her anywhere but they cared enough to put her in your care so that says it all IMO

I have allowed vets to cow me before. No they're not gods but they are supposed to be the professionals. You want to trust what they say is the right thing.
I had to come here to see (in Sky-O's signature) "please advocate for your rabbit." In Alaska there are no rescues for bunnies specifically. I love my animals and would do anything for them, but when someone in a lab coat throws up their hands and you have no idea where to go from there you can become overwhelmed and lose hope.

That being said I know there's folks out there who will just do nothing and surrender an animal and behave contrite. But hopefully these were not that sort. They waited to get Grace in to Liz. I'm guessing they hope she can be saved by those more capable than themselves.

It does look like ulcers to me too. Mimzy has the beginning of cataracts and has had for over a year. His eyes get crusty due to dryness and need drops in. They don't look anything like Grace's. The webmaster of my other bunny forum has an elderly girl who had trouble like this and it took a special set of contacts to keep enough meds on her eye to heal it. It was an interesting case.

Sending all the vibes I can muster for poorly Grace. :( I admit I was shocked by the photos. Poor bub. I hope things haven't gone too far for her recovery. xxxx

natsusakura
08-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Glad shes safe and warm and a full belly. :love:
looking forward to seeing her get better. Hope her wee eyes can be helped xxxxx

biscandmatt1
08-02-2014, 09:46 PM
poor little girl. glad she's with you :love: sending her lots of love x

doorkeeper
08-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Poor little Gracie:(

They also contacted me, but by the time I replied you had already agreed to take her and they wanted to wait. Nothing in their email gave the impression she was in that state. I wish I had got to the email sooner as she could have been sorted already. Still she is safe now, and I have too many rabbits already.

Goth Mummy
08-02-2014, 10:47 PM
That is a genuinely shocking photo of her. Im so sorry for the poor little bunny.

I can honestly see why the vet would suggest PTS looking at the state of her, and her age.

I do hope something can be done. The family must be devastated.

I do also know that its hard when you have old animals who are loosing condition gradually to really see them for how they are. . It helps to ask a friend who does not see the animal everyday for an honest opinion.

luna
08-02-2014, 11:36 PM
The poor little girl.how lucky she is to have found her way to you x

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

newbabybuns
08-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Oh no poor bun :( she really is in the best place now to give her the time and care she needs. Sending lots of vibes for beautiful Grace :love: xxx

susie bun
09-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Hoping Grace has recovered from her journey and settles in well. Continuing vibes for her poorly eyes and the smell issue. xxx

Hugo's There
09-02-2014, 03:14 PM
new pics here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?414197-New-Girl-Grace-Having-a-Pamper-Session&p=6227074#post6227074

Hugo's There
10-02-2014, 02:20 PM
sending loads and loads of vibes to this little angel and i hope you have many happy updates for her previous owners :love: I also hope they care enough to sponsor her while she lives with you xxx

They have just sent me a generous donation towards her care :D

Jenova
10-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Sending lots of vibes for her. I don't know why but she reminds me of Grim.

Vegan_Bunny
10-02-2014, 02:33 PM
They have just sent me a generous donation towards her care :D

:thumb:

Has she seen a vet yet? Do you think she is suffering from pasturella or something similar? She really is in a state, bless her. I'd be interested in what your vets suggest. x

Hugo's There
10-02-2014, 02:36 PM
She has an appointment in the morning :wave:

suzibunbun
10-02-2014, 04:02 PM
she's an absolute cutie Liz xx

silverrabbit
10-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Lots of vibes for little Grace. Unfortunately a lot of vets don't really know about buns and sometimes question treatment as it's "just a rabbit" (have had this experience myself), so I really do feel sorry for the owners :(

Hope the vet visit goes ok :wave:

Karen's
10-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Just sending good luck vibes for grace's vets appt tomorrow, hope it goes well, and she feels more comfortable very soon xx

MimzMum
11-02-2014, 12:11 AM
Good luck to Grace for her appointment. I hope all goes well. Thinking of you. xxxx

Barn Yard Bunnies
11-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Best of luck for Grace tomorrow morning. xxx

Hugo's There
11-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Grace saw our vet this morning and as we feared it is not good news.:cry: Ultimately there is nothing we can do and the vet feels pts is the best option for her now.

She was put through a series of neurological tests and failed them all badly. She has nystagmus in her good eye, can only walk in circles, has a head tilit and is unable to place her limbs correctly. The vet gave her blind eye a really thorough examination and has no idea what it is. There is no cataract or ulceration, no pressure behind or within the eye :? It needs an eye specialist but give Grace's overall condition this really would not be in her best interest.

If there was anything we could do to help Grace we would do it without question but sadly there isn't :cry: We have brought Grace home with us. We will be moving her inside today and will hopefully get the chance to pamper her and spoil her for a couple of weeks. This way we will know for sure whether there is any possible improvement and if not she will at least have some memories of warmth and comfort to take with her to the bridge x

Amy104
11-02-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm so sorry Liz.

Zoobec
11-02-2014, 10:50 AM
I'm so sorry it's such bad news :cry: at least she has you to pamper her for the rest of her time :love:

Bunny Buddy
11-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Sorry to read bad news, she looks such a precious little soul, it's amazing that she hasn't just given up with all that going on. As heartbreaking as it will be for you I know you will give her everything you can for the next however long she has.

MimzMum
11-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Oh how devastating. :cry: I am so very sorry Liz, I know you had hoped for so much more for Grace. :cry:
She will know love and warmth and happiness with you. I will continue to pray for a miracle for her though. I can imagine relating this to her former family will be difficult at best. :( (((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))
God bless. Please give her a snuggle from me. xxxx

Hugo's There
11-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Oh how devastating. :cry: I am so very sorry Liz, I know you had hoped for so much more for Grace. :cry:
She will know love and warmth and happiness with you. I will continue to pray for a miracle for her though. I can imagine relating this to her former family will be difficult at best. :( (((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))
God bless. Please give her a snuggle from me. xxxx

I have of course emailed her family before posting here. Must admit I stared at a blank screen for quite some time. Hopefully i used the right words :(

Sarah1989
11-02-2014, 11:17 AM
So sorry to hear this :cry: of course I too have my fingers crossed for a miracle xx

ripminnie
11-02-2014, 11:17 AM
:cry: oh I'm so so sorry, that's just devastating :cry: poor poor girl :cry: please give her a big kiss and snuggle from me :( xxx

Piggiesgalore
11-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Just so very sorry Liz, enjoy every second you have with Grace xx

Fellie
11-02-2014, 11:20 AM
I am heart broken to read this. My heart goes out to you and Grace. I am so pleased though that she will have the best of care and love - she is a VERY lucky bun indeed - I hope for a miracle but if she is to go then she is going in the best way possible.

Barn Yard Bunnies
11-02-2014, 11:21 AM
How heartbreaking. :cry: I hope Grace does manage some improvements over the next few weeks.

Rhianna
11-02-2014, 11:28 AM
I'm sorry to read such sad news about Grace, but really pleased that she is going to enjoy feeling safe, loved and pampered before she leaves for the Bridge. Hopefully, a miracle will happen and she will show signs of improvement.

Sending lots and lots of vibes for this lovely bunster xxxxxx

little-laura
11-02-2014, 12:04 PM
*hug*

This is so sad but at least she has been given a fighting chance... She will be pampered and cared for and will enjoy her last moments on earth because if you xxxx

biscandmatt1
11-02-2014, 12:07 PM
really heartbreaking. :cry: i hope she can remain comfortable now and enjoy being pampered for her remaining time. x

Rabcat
11-02-2014, 12:07 PM
So sorry to hear such a sad update on this poor little bun :(

Here's hoping that she will show some improvement in your care xxxxxx

tulsi
11-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Bless her. I can imagine just how hard it must have been telling her (clearly loving) family the sad news. I hope you and she are able to enjoy your remaining time together.

tonibun
11-02-2014, 12:18 PM
What a sad story. Heartbreaking. Sending you vibes of strength to do whatever you can to make her remaining time a "happy" one.

Vegan_Bunny
11-02-2014, 12:24 PM
So sorry. :( I hope she does improve, at least enough to enjoy a little of her life before decisions are made. x

Jenova
11-02-2014, 12:28 PM
So very sorry. :(
I wish it was better news.

Ellasyn
11-02-2014, 01:10 PM
So sorry. Poor bunny was let down terribly by vets by the sounds of it. Thank goodness the owners have done what they could, it must be hard for them as well.

susie bun
11-02-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm so sorry the update confirms that nothing can be done long-term. At least you have a firmer diagnosis of her conditions, and she can have some quality time indoors, even if it is for a shorter time than we would all like.

She is in good hands, and I hope it is a comfort to her original owners to know that she will have the best possible care.

Mackers
11-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Sorry to hear the medical update Liz. I'm sure she'll be made to feel as comfortable as possible for whatever time she has left.

Hugo's There
11-02-2014, 06:14 PM
So sorry. Poor bunny was let down terribly by vets by the sounds of it. Thank goodness the owners have done what they could, it must be hard for them as well.

I have had a number of difficult correspondence with her family today. As you can imagine they are very worried about her but trust us to make the right decisions for Grace.

We have worked hard today to get Grace inside as we are well over our indoor limit at the moment due to prudence having to move inside and the rspca girls surprise arrival. But she is now in our bedroom. That way we can keep a close eye on her and i have an excuse to put my feet up on the bed and give bunny cuddles ;) We will just have to get used to her unique aroma!

Hugo's There
11-02-2014, 09:27 PM
New pics here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?414454-Grace-having-a-comfy-evening-plus-a-bit-of-internet-shopping!&p=6230020#post6230020 :love:

bunny babe
11-02-2014, 09:29 PM
I am so sorry to hear the bad news but know that you will make her comfortable and give her lots of TLC x

Karen's
11-02-2014, 10:35 PM
So sorry to hear the bad prognosis, I'm hoping for a miracle.
Grace reminds me of Simba, and he managed to recover against all the odds, come on Grace, you have the love of RU with you.
Whatever happens, she must feel so much better now, thanks to you Hugo's There.

Tracy
11-02-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm so sorry to read this sad news. :cry: Poor little girl. :cry:

She is in the best possible hands and will have love and security for the time that she has left. I hope she stays happy and comfortable for a good while to come.

Tinsel
11-02-2014, 11:01 PM
So sorry it wasn't better news. :cry:

Are you trying with EC treatment on the off-chance it does some good? I don't want to assume that you're not already, just wondered if it was worth a shot in case you're not... :?

Hugo's There
11-02-2014, 11:09 PM
So sorry it wasn't better news. :cry:

Are you trying with EC treatment on the off-chance it does some good? I don't want to assume that you're not already, just wondered if it was worth a shot in case you're not... :?

Yes we are. You never know :)

Tinsel
11-02-2014, 11:15 PM
Yes we are. You never know :)

Here's hoping! She wouldn't be the first Rainbow Rabbits miracle.... :wave:

hoppetylop
11-02-2014, 11:58 PM
You just never know-if she feels so loved and finally understood she may decide to wait awhile before shes ready to go to the bridge.Whatever happens its wonderful shes being so loved and pampered now.x:love:

Jenova
12-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Is she on Metacam/equivalent? (Probably a stupid question I know) I was just thinking it would help if there's any swelling anywhere.

Hugo's There
12-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Is she on Metacam/equivalent? (Probably a stupid question I know) I was just thinking it would help if there's any swelling anywhere.

Yes. I started her on it the moment she arrived!

bunbuns
12-02-2014, 10:01 AM
I'm so sorry :cry:

Hoping for a miracle for the little one xx

Hugo's There
12-02-2014, 12:06 PM
I may be bias but swear she is looking better :? :love:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbowbuns2/P1050789.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbowbuns2/P1050790.jpg

tonibun
12-02-2014, 12:12 PM
YES! She does.

Sarah1989
12-02-2014, 12:13 PM
I think so too :D

Bunny Buddy
12-02-2014, 12:14 PM
I may be bias but swear she is looking better :? :love:

There is a definite "something going on"(thought process)/wanting to know what's going on around her look about her in that photo that I couldn't see from her in the other pictures. ... maybe the start of a bit of spark in her?

susie bun
12-02-2014, 12:34 PM
I see a difference too. :love::thumb:

Zoobec
12-02-2014, 12:41 PM
Yes, I can see it too :love: she's holding her head up and she looks more alert and interested :thumb: topping up the vibes xx

sparklefairy
12-02-2014, 12:43 PM
She has more spark bless her :love:

dizzyg
12-02-2014, 12:47 PM
She definitely looks super comfy there!:love: Great use of a jumper sleeve!

Whatever happens to the little lovely, she's in absolutely the best place getting the best care.

Sending vibes.

xxx

Rabcat
12-02-2014, 12:48 PM
She certainly does! She looks so comfortable and warm and snuggly bless her :love::love::love:

Sending more vibes for her xxxxx

Hugo's There
12-02-2014, 01:34 PM
She definitely looks super comfy there!:love: Great use of a jumper sleeve!

Whatever happens to the little lovely, she's in absolutely the best place getting the best care.

Sending vibes.

xxx

That is a doughnut bed from the hare apparent :)

Fellie
12-02-2014, 02:03 PM
She is a gorgeous little girl :love: - so nice to see her looking so comfortable and peaceful. Maybe this is exactly what she needs - rest and comfort and love - to get her va va voom back for life. I think she looks a bit more sparky - there does seem to be a glint of something in her eye.

Captain Helen
12-02-2014, 02:55 PM
I'm so sorry it wasn't good news :cry: She's adorable :love: Sending lots of vibes for Grace xx

biscandmatt1
12-02-2014, 03:04 PM
she does look like she has a little more strength in those pics and her eye is more open. she's so adorable. :love: she's so lucky to be with you. x

Karen's
12-02-2014, 03:08 PM
I agree! She does seem to have a little spark. Come on a Grace, be strong xxx

MightyMax
12-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Just to say what an amazing story of you and Gracie. Yes she looks better in the recent photo. She looks more connected :)

Bless her, and particularly you for taking her on and making the rest of her life (whatever that may hold) full of warmth, love and care.

Mackers
12-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Her little peepers do look less sore and she's looking much more alert and interested in her surroundings. You're clearly doing something right :thumb:.

Tinsel
12-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Early days to claim another RR miracle but the signs are promising..... :love:

Hugo's There
12-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Early days to claim another RR miracle but the signs are promising..... :love:

Gosh yes far to early! But she surprised me today by trying to jump on the bed! Didn't end well but proud of her for telling me what she wanted :)

Zoobec
12-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Gosh yes far to early! But she surprised me today by trying to jump on the bed! Didn't end well but proud of her for telling me what she wanted :)

:shock: she sounds like she's a fighter :love::thumb:

Clare-uk
12-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Bless her little heart. Such sad news for that vet update but she looks ever so comfy in her little bed, nomming treats & being treated like a princess :love: I know she's definitely more content & happy now x

hoppetylop
12-02-2014, 10:31 PM
She definitely looks more content bless her:love:

Fee
12-02-2014, 10:55 PM
:love:.. What a sad update.:cry:

its heartbreaking to think that whats left of her wee life will be love and kindness, something that was sorely missed previously and if she'd had it , she wouldnt be in this position today......At least she'll be taking lovely memories with her.

love to you too..

Keep fighting little one....:love:

Vegan_Bunny
12-02-2014, 11:07 PM
:love: I think she looks better too.

Rhianna
12-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Grace looks like she has hope now - there is a spark in her eye that wasn't there before. Amazing what some love and tlc can do. Sending lots and lots of vibes that she continues to enjoy life for a long time to come xxxxx

natsusakura
12-02-2014, 11:49 PM
Gosh i also think she looks better :love: happier and brighter :)

your love is paying off :) xxxxx

MimzMum
13-02-2014, 12:05 AM
The miracle is already happening... she has Liz to look after her and so she will be loved, spoilt and comforted no matter what her future. The happiest days of her life are right now, which is how bunnies live. :)
She does look more aware and less sunken into herself. That she tried to get on the bed under her own power considering how lethargic she appeared at drop off is remarkable. :)
Hello Grace, darling...you are such a sweet little lass. :love::love::love: xxxx

little-laura
13-02-2014, 01:08 AM
if there anything we can do to help?

anything we can send?

JessieandFaith
13-02-2014, 01:49 AM
Oh bless her it made me sad seeing those pics though the most recent one it certainly looks like she's getting her spark back. I shall keep my fingers crossed that with your love and care she can get through this. X

Hugo's There
13-02-2014, 09:04 PM
if there anything we can do to help?

anything we can send?

That is so kind of you to offer :love: I have ordered her another doughnut bed which is all she really needs, thank you. She is a girl of simple needs :D

Jesselle
13-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Lots of kisses to grace xx

*lily*
13-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Hoping that beautiful Grace can defy the odds :love:

Hugo's There
14-02-2014, 05:07 PM
A much better update :)

Spoke to Juliet our exotics vet this afternoon. Unfortunately we were not able to see her on Tuesday. We discussed Grace's quality of life and she agreed with me that Grace wasn't suffering to a point where pts was the right option at the moment. She has agreed that I continue with the metacam and panacur. She has also prescribed emeprid to help with any dizziness or nausea from the nystagmus and other neurological symptoms.

Overall it may not change anything. Grace may still only have days or weeks but at least we know we are doing everything we can to make that time as comfortable as possible. Also that we are giving her every chance to improve. It also helps us that we now have proper support from our vet :)

tonibun
14-02-2014, 05:17 PM
That's reassuring. Hope she makes more progress bless her.

Fellie
14-02-2014, 05:18 PM
This is wonderful news :thumb:

The bounce-back-ability of rabbits never fails to astound me. :love:

natsbunnies
14-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Good news. At least you know now that she is definitely worth fighting for.
Bless her, so glad she found her way to you.

Roly Poly
14-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Lovely news, hope darling Grace has lots of happy times left with you xxx

Hugo's There
14-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Good news. At least you know now that she is definitely worth fighting for.
Bless her, so glad she found her way to you.

I always knew that, that is why she came home on Tuesday :D

weedug
14-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Great news :thumb:

She is adorable. I hope she continues to get better :love::love:

Hugo's There
14-02-2014, 08:12 PM
" My name is Grace and I am a carrotys addict".............. :roll: :lol: :love:

Fee
14-02-2014, 08:14 PM
:lol:.. Bless her, she's obviously happy with her new bunny mummy....:love:

Glad to hear she's more comfortable x

Sarah1989
14-02-2014, 08:20 PM
" My name is Grace and I am a carrotys addict".............. :roll: :lol: :love:

Awww :love:

MimzMum
14-02-2014, 08:25 PM
It's cheering to hear a happier update. :D
Liz may I ask, can you explain what emeprid is and how it helps those symptoms? Almost two years later Mimzy still has nystagmus and balance issues and I would like to ask my vet about this when he goes to see her next week. Thank you. :)

Continued healing vibes for the lovely Grace. xxxx

Karen's
14-02-2014, 08:45 PM
I'm so happy to hear the update, and that grace is doing OK. Keep munching those carrotys sweetheart :love:

Hugo's There
14-02-2014, 08:47 PM
It's cheering to hear a happier update. :D
Liz may I ask, can you explain what emeprid is and how it helps those symptoms? Almost two years later Mimzy still has nystagmus and balance issues and I would like to ask my vet about this when he goes to see her next week. Thank you. :)

Continued healing vibes for the lovely Grace. xxxx
Emeprid is just another name for metacloprimide :wave: I get dizzy a lot and it does make you feel queasy and a bit travel sick so I guess it is the same for rabbits and the Emeprid helps with that :)

We have used it several times before on the same symptoms in rabbits and it does seem to help. Always worth a try anyway :D

Rabcat
14-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Yay! Come on Grace you little sweetie pie :love::love: xxxxxx

luna
14-02-2014, 09:12 PM
That's great news, so glad to hear it x

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Mrs. Bunnykins
14-02-2014, 09:16 PM

Fabulous!!!! Go girl.......:thumb::love::love::love:

MimzMum
14-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Emeprid is just another name for metacloprimide :wave: I get dizzy a lot and it does make you feel queasy and a bit travel sick so I guess it is the same for rabbits and the Emeprid helps with that :)

We have used it several times before on the same symptoms in rabbits and it does seem to help. Always worth a try anyway :D

Ah, thank you. Yes Mimzy had metaclop twice a day for almost 8 months. I seem to remember a difference once we weaned him off it. While on that high dose though his ear skin turned blue. :shock:
We also used meclizine (Dramamine) tablets twice a day, had to cut up the 12.5 mg and grind each half into water and syringe, but it really helped him at his worst. If you find no joy in the emeprid you might ask your vet if she'd prescribe these for Grace. :)

Hugo's There
14-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Thanks. I have stemetil next on my list. But today i asked for emeprid as we have used it before, didn't want to push my luck asking for something new just yet ;)

Hugo's There
15-02-2014, 10:00 PM
A couple of photos taken yesterday. Her skin is much healthier now, her eyes don't run and her fur is getting softer. The blind eye doesn't bulge as much either :D

I am wondering if the eye is actually getting darker around the edges. I don't know if this is possible or if it is just wishful thinking.........

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbowbuns2/P1050796.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbowbuns2/P1050791.jpg

Karen's
15-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Gosh, when you flick back to those first pictures, the difference is amazing for just 7 days.
Come on Grace, were all rooting for you, strength to strength little lady :love:

Hugo's There
16-02-2014, 09:07 AM
Gosh, when you flick back to those first pictures, the difference is amazing for just 7 days.
Come on Grace, were all rooting for you, strength to strength little lady :love:

Aaaawwww thank you :)

Gosh it is only 7 days, she has settled in so well it feels longer

tonibun
16-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Yes the eye doesn't look so white and it does look a bit darker round the outside. Keep up the good work, as we know you will!

natsusakura
16-02-2014, 09:36 AM
She looks miles happier than her first pics:)
:love: :love:

susie bun
16-02-2014, 09:40 AM
She looks so content. :love:

Zoobec
16-02-2014, 09:50 AM
She looks so much better, and yes I'm sure her eye is darker around the edge. She looks so comfortable and content :love: topping up the vibes for Grace xx

hoppetylop
16-02-2014, 10:00 AM
What a difference!Grace really does look so much better.Goes to show what can happen with love,the right meds and carrotys of course!:thumb::love:

Clare-uk
16-02-2014, 06:35 PM
She does look a bit brighter :) bless her, lots of vibes x

tulsi
16-02-2014, 06:55 PM
What a heart warming change. I love these kind of threads.

She is such a sweetie. Bet her old owners are pleased.

iggyperdyandme
16-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Its wonderful to see such an improvement. I hope she continues to get better. She looks like such a lovely little girl! xx

biscandmatt1
16-02-2014, 09:07 PM
bless her. :love:

Rabcat
16-02-2014, 09:48 PM
What a difference! She really is a little sweetheart and I so hope that this improvement keeps going :D

Beautiful little bun xxxxxx :love::love::love:

Well done you :thumb: xxxx

bunny babe
16-02-2014, 10:12 PM
:love: She does look better and content. Well done Liz, I hope she continues to improve.

Crunchie
17-02-2014, 12:06 AM
She looks so much better now, is that new fur I see growing in the baldy patch in front of her bad wee eye?

Karen's
19-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Just thinking about Grace, hope she is staying strong and comfortable xx

Hugo's There
19-02-2014, 11:16 PM
She is doing ok thank you. She is currently sleeping next to me on our bed :)

Zoobec
19-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Glad to hear Grace is still doing well:love:

Fellie
20-02-2014, 09:28 AM
I was just wondering about her last night - pleased to see she is doing okay :thumb:

Rabcat
21-02-2014, 03:05 PM
How is Grace doing today? xx

cyane182
22-02-2014, 01:11 AM
I'm so glad Grace is improving, she's beautiful and I know she'll have a wonderful life with you :)

Tracy
22-02-2014, 09:48 AM
She's looking so much better :love:

Sending vibes for continued improvement xx

Inimical Me
22-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Oh poor thing. What a wonderful difference already. Keep fighting Grace.

hoppetylop
24-02-2014, 12:45 AM
Just wondering how little Grace is?Is she still a carroty addict?!:love:Hope shes still comfortable.

Hugo's There
24-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Just wondering how little Grace is?Is she still a carroty addict?!:love:Hope shes still comfortable.

She is still doing Ok thank you and yes very much addicted to Carrotys :lol: She seems quite content to eat and sleep :love:

hoppetylop
25-02-2014, 01:29 PM
She is still doing Ok thank you and yes very much addicted to Carrotys :lol: She seems quite content to eat and sleep :love:

She feels comfortable and safe:):thumb:

Hugo's There
26-02-2014, 07:24 PM
I am writing this in tears. Sadly Grace is booked in to be pts tomorrow :cry: She was doing so well but I felt yesterday something wasn't quite right. Then suddenly this afternoon she fell and didn;t get up. I was near her when it happened and helped her straight away. But since then she has been very confused and restless. She also looks really tired. I will spend the evening with her, Steve will be able to see her tonight and we will give her over night in case of a miracle. I can't believe how upset I am about a bunny who has only been here days. I hung up twice when ringing the vets to make the appointment as I just couldn't do it Grace is such a special girl who has found her way well and truly into my heart :love:

Sarah1989
26-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Oh no! :cry: fingers crossed for a miracle xx

Amy & Amber
26-02-2014, 07:46 PM
:cry:

Oh no Liz I'm so sorry, poor grace. You've done so much for her x

natsusakura
26-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Im so sorry, but glad she has had time with you.
sending lots of hugs to you and noserubs to grace xxxxxx

ripminnie
26-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Oh no, how devastating for you :cry: she couldn't have been more loved and cared for these last few weeks though, she will know that :love: poor baby :cry: xxx

MimzMum
26-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Oh Liz...no... :cry::cry::cry: I am so very sorry to see this update. :cry:
I don't know what to say. How devastating. But I will also pray for a miracle for darling Grace. I am so glad she has known such loving care with you but I so wanted her to have more time with you too. It's not fair. :(

Bless you and Steve and little Gracie. I am thinking of you all. xxxx

Hugo's There
26-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Oh Liz...no... :cry::cry::cry: I am so very sorry to see this update. :cry:
I don't know what to say. How devastating. But I will also pray for a miracle for darling Grace. I am so glad she has known such loving care with you but I so wanted her to have more time with you too. It's not fair. :(

Bless you and Steve and little Gracie. I am thinking of you all. xxxx

Me too :(

This certainly isn't my choice. I would do anything to keep her with me longer. But I have to do right by Grace however much it is killing me :(

Vegan_Bunny
26-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Oh no, how sad. :cry: I am so happy that she had time with you. She felt comfortable and happy, even if it was just for a short time.

Sending her tons and tons of vibes that she improves overnight. If not, I will be sending peaceful passing vibes her way.

Massive hugs to you. x

tonibun
26-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Aw what a shame. Sending vibes your way.

Mackers
26-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Thia is a sad update :cry:. Keeping everything crossed for some good news overnight but will be thinking of you all tomorrow.

Den
26-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Oh no. I'm so so sorry. It seems so unfair that she's relapsed having only just got to you and been so loved. Sending so many vibes for a miracle for Grace. Hugs to you and yours.:love:

bunbuns
26-02-2014, 09:07 PM
I'm so sorry :cry:

Roly Poly
26-02-2014, 09:13 PM
I'm so so sorry to see such a sad update :cry:

I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling.

I will pray for a miracle for Grace and hope beyond hope that she may come through this to live a little longer in your loving care xxx

Clare-uk
26-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Bless her heart, Grace has found happiness & comfort with you so she now knows true love & comfort. I too hope for that miracle, vibes & love for Grace x

chloemurray
26-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Hoping for a miracle for little Grace :( xx

MimzMum
26-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Me too :(

This certainly isn't my choice. I would do anything to keep her with me longer. But I have to do right by Grace however much it is killing me :(

Oh my dear, I know it's not what you wanted for her. I am just so sad for you both. ((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))
Of course I know you will do whatever is best for her. You are such a good and kind bunny mum. She has been so lucky to be with you, even if it was just for a short time. I know that for Grace, the moments now are what count and she has been so obviously happy with you. You have given her what she was searching for. xxxx

Rabcat
26-02-2014, 09:58 PM
So, so sorry :(

Hoping for a miracle for this special little bun xxxxxx

Schez
26-02-2014, 10:07 PM
:cry:

Quietly following beautiful Grace's story. A bunny that when she found you, finally knows what it's like to have a human fight for her, to do right by her and to love her.

Praying for a miracle and thinking of you.xx

hoppetylop
26-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Oh no, what a sad update:(Im just so glad she is experiencing such love and comfort.I really hope for a miracle and she can be with you alittle longer.x

biscandmatt1
26-02-2014, 10:57 PM
really sad to hear this. :cry: if it is her time, then i hope she passes peacefully. x

Karen's
26-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Oh no, my heart sank when I read the new title, I hope Grace has a comfortable night, and hoping for a miracle.
Thinking of you all xxx

esupi
26-02-2014, 11:13 PM
:( so sad. I'm so sorry.

Barn Yard Bunnies
26-02-2014, 11:23 PM
I am so so sorry Liz. I know you wanted to give her a chance, sadly it wasn't to be. Its always so incredibly heartbreaking, especially picking up the pieces of what didn't have to be a bunny in such a sad way.

susie bun
26-02-2014, 11:39 PM
I'm so very sorry to see this sad news. :cry: Sending vibes for lovely Grace. I hope that, if the worst happens and there cannot be an overnight miracle for Grace, you will be able to take some comfort in knowing that we have all seen what a difference you've made to her in such a short time. xxx

Hugo's There
26-02-2014, 11:51 PM
In the last half an hour she has been more settled.

We have plenty of time in the morning to reassess our decision.

Even if all we can give her is one or two more happy days then I Will grab them with both hands x

ripminnie
26-02-2014, 11:53 PM
In the last half an hour she has been more settled.

We have plenty of time in the morning to reassess our decision.

Even if all we can give her is one or two more happy days then I Will grab them with both hands x

Oh bless her :love: sending tons and tons of vibes her way, I hope she can stay a little while longer. Give her a kiss from me xxx

MimzMum
27-02-2014, 12:02 AM
Oh please give her a snuggle from me too and a ((((Giant hug)))) for you. :love: I am glad to hear she is stabilised and I hope for the best for both of you. xxxx

Fifibutton
27-02-2014, 12:22 AM
Sending vibes that Grace has a little more time with you x

biscandmatt1
27-02-2014, 08:49 AM
glad she seems more settled. thinking of you today. cuddles for lovely grace x

weedug
27-02-2014, 09:08 AM
How is Grace this morning?

Sending loads of vibes xx

Hugo's There
27-02-2014, 10:54 AM
She is more relaxed but is still very unwell. Her head is bent round towards her hips, her breathing isn't right and she is weeing where she sits which isn't like her.

Steve wants to be with her when she passes which isn't possible today. So we have rearranged for tomorrow morning . Its with juliet so if there is any possible hope she will know. As Grace is settling to sleep I am fairly confident I can keep her comfortable today. She will also be getting lots of extra carrotys :)

Fellie
27-02-2014, 11:01 AM
I am so very sad to read this - I was hoping for some sort of miracle but obviously the Bridge wants her so off she must go. But I am so pleased she will be going in comfort and with people that love her. What a lucky bun - who deserves this!

natsusakura
27-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Give her some cuddles from me xxxxxx

Karen's
27-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Just wanted to send supportive hugs, I hope Grace stays comfortable today, and we shall see what tomorrow brings, but for today I hope you all enjoy being together xxx

mokwa32
27-02-2014, 03:38 PM
How so very sad. Glad she is with love now, I hope she can be comfortable in her final moments :(

Captain Helen
27-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Thinking of you and Grace xx

tulsi
27-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Sending loving thoughts to you and grace x

Hugo's There
27-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Thank you

She has lost all her spark :cry:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbowbuns2/P1050846.jpg

hoppetylop
27-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Sending comfort vibes and very gentle nose rubs.:cry:

Barn Yard Bunnies
27-02-2014, 06:58 PM
So very sad. :cry:

Den
27-02-2014, 07:54 PM
My thoughts are with you and Grace.

susie bun
27-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Sending my love and supportive thoughts. xxx

bunny babe
27-02-2014, 08:15 PM
:cry: My thoughts are with you, Steve and Grace xxx

mokwa32
27-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Poor wee darling, cant imagine what she's been through :cry:

Karen's
27-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Thinking of you both, and Grace xxxxx

Rhianna
27-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Only just caught up with this. How devestating for you all. Grace does look very sad in the last photo but I am glad she has known comfort and love and has had some pampering, albeit for only a short time.

Am not particularly religious but have just said a prayer for her. She is such a sweetheart. Sending lots and lots of vibes for her to rally and get her spark back xxxxxx

natsusakura
27-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Her eyes tell a lot.
sending lots of hugs to you and your oh.
gentle noserubs for sweet grace. xxxxxxx

Rabcat
27-02-2014, 10:22 PM
:(:(:(

So sorry for this gorgeous little girly Grace :(

This is so upsetting xxxx

Karen's
28-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Thinking of you all this morning xxx

Hugo's There
28-02-2014, 11:26 AM
Thank you for all your support. Unbelievably Grace is brighter today. She is not back to where she was but is much more alert :)

Yesterday it was like her body had shut down but today she is doing lovely fibrous poos and has wee'd in her litter tray for the first time in two days. She also knows exactly where her food bowl is today which she didn't yesterday.

I don't know what tomorrow brings for her, all i know is today is not her time and i have a few more grey hairs!!

Fellie
28-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Oh gosh - that is good news:thumb: I suppose you'll just have to take it day by day - I am pleased that she is happier today - must be all those carrotys;)

Hugo's There
28-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Oh gosh - that is good news:thumb: I suppose you'll just have to take it day by day - I am pleased that she is happier today - must be all those carrotys;)

It my well be. She certainly had a few too many carrotys last night :)

biscandmatt1
28-02-2014, 11:50 AM
so glad to hear that she is more alert. :love: sending her so many cuddles x

Bunny Buddy
28-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Oh bless her, that's such good news :love::love:

Schez
28-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Such a fighting spirit bless her. :thumb::love:

Sorry bout those grey hairs though... :shock:

Sarah1989
28-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Nice update apart from your grey hairs! :thumb:

susie bun
28-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Bless her. :love: xx

Hugo's There
28-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Nice update apart from your grey hairs! :thumb:

Hopefully they will blend in with all the others ;)

Barn Yard Bunnies
28-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Hopefully yesterday was just a bad day and Grace starts to improve and feel better. Must be an emotional roller coaster for you.

Hugo's There
28-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Hopefully yesterday was just a bad day and Grace starts to improve and feel better. Must be an emotional roller coaster for you.

I think she may have had a small stroke Wednesday or given her overall condition that there maybe a tumour in her head somewhere. But I don't think its in her best interest to investigate it further. We will just keep her comfortable for as long as possible x

Rhianna
28-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Topping up the vibes and prayers. So glad Grace seems happier today. Is she up to another photo session? She looked so sad yesterday.

Rabcat
28-02-2014, 02:54 PM
So please to read this update :D

Sending lots of happiness vibes for the little bun xxxxxx

bunbuns
28-02-2014, 05:38 PM
So pleased to hear grace is feeling a little better xx

Hugo's There
28-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Relatively speaking Grace is doing well. She was at the door of her cage waiting to come out. Now she is down on the floor she is moving around a little. She is back to only walking in circles but this is an improvement on the past few days when she just sat in she same place completely unaware of where she was. She has tried to scratch her ear and wash a back leg. She even tried a wobbly stand on her back legs to check out the bed :love:

tulsi
28-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Awww bless her. I do hope that she remains comfortable and bright for as long as possible. She is such a sweetie x

Barn Yard Bunnies
28-02-2014, 08:26 PM
I think she may have had a small stroke Wednesday or given her overall condition that there maybe a tumour in her head somewhere. But I don't think its in her best interest to investigate it further. We will just keep her comfortable for as long as possible x

:( Very sad. I completely understand why you are not investigating any further. She has been through enough. Rabbits seem so fragile sometimes.

Hugo's There
28-02-2014, 08:35 PM
:( Very sad. I completely understand why you are not investigating any further. She has been through enough. Rabbits seem so fragile sometimes.

I think if she was fragile she would have left this earth a long time ago ;) I think the only option with neurological problems is to get an MRI with a specialist and tbh even if we knew what her actual issues are I doubt we could successfully treat them given her age and how advanced her problems are. The best thing for her now is to have a comfy, stress free retirement for however many days or weeks that might be :love:

tonibun
28-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Sending vibes that Grace can enjoy some love and happiness for a while. :love:

Roly Poly
28-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Sending lots of love and vibes for the little sweetheart - hope she can remain comfortable for a while longer yet so she can enjoy your love and care xxx

Hugo's There
28-02-2014, 09:01 PM
I was so happy this evening to find Grace asleep in a normal position rather than bent round :love: She looks so content this evening :D

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbowbuns2/P1050864.jpg

silverrabbit
28-02-2014, 09:14 PM
:love: I want to kiss her adorable nosey :love:

Hugo's There
28-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Not that exciting but thought it would be nice to have What has made me smile is that Grace was asleep while this was loading but when I played it back and she heard my voice saying "would you like another one?" She woke up straight away and started begging for a carroty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6pD_1Rc-nA&feature=youtu.be

Karen's
28-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Ah, this has made my day! :D I'm so glad Grace is a bit better, and still with us, and she does seem alert and inquisitive in the video which is a good sign, it's lovely to see her in the video.
Hoping with all my heart she has a good time yet to enjoy her retirement and plenty more carrotys!
Come on a Grace, stay strong xxxxx

Fee
28-02-2014, 09:55 PM
:love:.. what a courageous wee girly.. Xxxxx

hoppetylop
28-02-2014, 10:06 PM
So happy the latest update is alittle better.Whatever happens she is clearly being very loved and cared for :love:Hope she can feel so comfortable and safe for abit longer.Lovely to see the video of her.Carroty girl!!!