• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies don't seem to care.

Baron23784

New Kit
Hi there,
Just joined the forum, so this is my first post.
Right, anyway, I've got a bonded pair, neutered male and female. They absolutely adore each other and I was included in the group but alas, now I am not. They have an enormous outdoor set up but in winter I bring them into my conservatory so they run and jump on window sills and sofas etc but they used to love coming into the house but now I open the doors and.........nothing.
Any tips, I miss my buns

Hi and welcome to RU :wave:
Our buns don't give a monkeys about us either, unless we have a fenugreek crunchie which appears to be the bunny version of crack!
It's actually not a great idea to bring them in for playtime in winter as changes in temperature can bring on respiratory issues. Maybe they did some research themselves, figured this out and are opting out of indoor playtime. ;)
Be happy that they're so content with the home you provided for them they don't want to be anywhere else.

I have 4 buns, 2 are bonded and they dont wanna know me either ! Unless I have treats /breakfast/ dinner. They choose to sit out the way most the time and make an appearance when im lucky:) My other 2 buns only have access to 1 room and they LOVE cuddles so I guess some bunnies like their own company and some dont:)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have four bunnies - a pair in the house and a pair in the garden.
Kyla - one of the garden buns - is the only one who will seek me out. She comes belting out to see me and will always hop into the kitchen and up onto the chair with me for snuggles.

The indoor bunnies are indifferent, and Tully (other outside bun) actively avoids me. I love watching them all though - their little personalities and habits are so interesting, and it's just lovely to see them enjoying life.

I hope you can come to appreciate the same with yours. Can you get in their setup with them just to watch them?

Ah well, at least I know I'm not doing anything wrong, guess these two just rant cuddly buns.
It's an unheated conservatory red so shouldn't be too much of a temp change for them, thanks for the help though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would keep sitting around where they are with treats and toys and let them come to you eventually they may do it more

Yeah they do love an explore over me, well for a good 3 minutes then it's just "oh it's just him, let's go" haha

Yeah they do love an explore over me, well for a good 3 minutes then it's just "oh it's just him, let's go" haha

Ah well, at least I know I'm not doing anything wrong, guess these two just rant cuddly buns.
It's an unheated conservatory red so shouldn't be too much of a temp change for them, thanks for the help though

If it's any consolation, they sound pretty typical - it's the cuddly buns which are the exceptions.

Do you have any pics of them?

I do....and here's the full story...
In the beginning there was Molly
ydu2agam.jpg

Molly was a dream bunny, loved cuddles, super intelligent everything, she then got a husbun in Alfie
a9e4avyj.jpg

Now Alfie is super scared of absolutely everything but adored Molly, but alas she wasn't well, bladder stones followed by tooth problems and then eventually kidney failure last year, she died aged four and the wee man was heartbroken, he then became super cuddly, he wouldn't leave my side and groomed me and everything but he needed a new wife.....enter daisy
ehe5yguj.jpg

Now these two are super in love with each other and thus there is no time for me, I just want the best for them is all....and the occasional cuddle, I mean what man doesn't?
The end

Aye, a set of cuties. Proud to say they were all rescued as well so we have given them the life of Riley

I have been pretty fortunate, in that I have Fiver, who is the most "friendliest" rabbit I've ever come across. He begs for attention from me, follows me about like a dog and will actually get upset if I don't spend enough time with him. :roll: He has shown other buns that people are nice, but it does take time.

Shadowfax, my most recent addition, was very friendly, cuddly and even groomed me when I had her on her own. As soon as I bonded her to Fiver and Xena..she decided she didn't need a human anymore, and I am now just the "food giver". :lol: I believe this is a good thing. Bunnies should be more concerned with their own kind rather than with us humans!
I find that it takes a while for buns to start treating you like a part of the group. If you spend time with them every single day, handing out nose rubs and just sitting and watching them, they do eventually start treating you as one of them. This is much easier when they are indoors (mine live in my bedroom) so long as you make sure the conservatory is kept cold, then I would continue letting them come into there and spending time with them. Remember they will be much more interested in exploring at first, so try to spend a good couple of hours in there with them. Don't pick them up or handle them too much, just let them climb on you and offer your hand and see if they ask for nose rubs. :thumb:

Back