• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Acomb Rabbit Rescue

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Today is our 2nd anniversary! Woohoo! :D

Where have the last two years gone?! :shock:

In the last two years we have helped 50 rabbits on their way to wonderful new homes :D There are photos of all the previous ARR buns on the website's "Happy Ever After" page with their new partners here: http://www.acombrabbitrescue.org.uk/happy-ever-after.html

And here are some of the buns still waiting for new homes...

Smudgie, an adorable little 6 month old boy who came to the rescue as he was fighting with his male companion.

Robby, a friendly 6 month old boy who came to the rescue when he was spotted on a free ad living in awful conditions.

Thumper, a lovely 2 year old boy who had been living in a small hutch, with overgrown incisors, a broken tooth and a blocked tear duct.

Danny, a young adult male who came from a large rescue by Paws For Thought, who had been badly bullied by another male and possibly hit by his owner.

Here's what Danny looked like on arrival:

Pudding, a bouncy 18 month old female who came to the rescue when her owners no longer had time for her.

Pairs to follow...

Thank you to everyone who has supported us over the last two years xx

:love::love: I want them all. :lol: Danny looks like a different bunny!

2 years already. :shock: Happy anniversary to Acomb Rabbit Rescue; here's to many more. :D

Happy 2nd Anniversary :wave: How time flies :shock:

You have done, and continue to do, a fantastic job. :thumb:

Danny has a fantastic hairstyle :love::love: The difference between his photo on arrival and what he looks like now is amazing....where did all that hair come from! Are you sure he hasn't taken to wearing a wig :lol::love:

Thank you :D

Don't tell the other bunnies, but Danny is my favourite :love: He's changed so much since he arrived last May. He's a lil' goth bunny with his crazy hair. He can wear wigs as long as he doesn't start wearing make up! :lol:

Wednesday & Holy, gorgeous 4.5 year old buns, who came to the rescue as their owners have emigrated to Australia.

Lexie the 2 year old Flemish Giant and William the 1 year old Rex, who came to the rescue as their owners didn't have time for them.

Mischief & Choccie, bouncy 2 year old French Lops, who came to the rescue when their owners no longer had time for them.

Rupert & Misty, stunning 6 year old Rexes. Misty is blind and Rupert is her eyes. Their previous owners were heartbroken to bring them to the rescue due to developing severe allergies.

Snowflake & Star, two adorable sisters who have been here since Dec 2012, when they arrived as part of a group of 7 buns. The previous owners had started with two unneutered buns that quickly became 30! Some of the other buns were taken to P@H before they found us :( The other 5 buns found homes quickly, but Snowflake and Star are still waiting.

And the gorgeous Thurston, a 4 year old boy who is deaf, and arrived with a lump on his back and no name. Sadly, the lump was cancerous and it had already spread. Not knowing how long he has left, he was bonded with my own buns, Barley and Stewart. They've been looking after him very well, and he enjoys lots of supervised free range time as one of my gang. He's already lived much longer than I thought he would, and is very happy with his new friends :love:

How Danny is still with you I do not know. He's so handsome and such a cheeky little man that I don't even mind when he tries to nibble my boots and handbag!

He is a proper goth bun. Maybe you should advertise him on goth forums ;)

Happy anniversary, thanks to you we have a very loved up pair, Daphne and Parsley who are now constantly grooming each other and looking so happy :love:

Back