• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is your bunny/ies 'yours'?

Jesselle

Mama Doe
i live with my fiance and my bunny neville (and eventually his wife) is my pet. my oh enjoys him and will take care of him with my instructions when needed but he is my responsibility. it's the same with my hamsters. this is partly because my oh didn't really have pets growing up (apart from a dog) and because it was me who wanted these little furballs!

are your bunnies yours or are they and their care a shared responsibility?

:wave:

Last edited:
My four are exclusively mine, though my boyfriend likes to feed/water/play with them when he comes over. If we ever live together, they'll still be "my" pets :)

100% all mine.

Same as you Jesselle, OH will look after and feed if I am out but they are deffo mine :)

Officially, we have one each, but I tend to do most of the care - certianly all the litter trays!
OH does more of the non-bunny chores to make up for it - so he'll cook tea whilst I tend to the bunnies.
It works well as i was the one who really really wanted them, so he's trying to free up time for me to spend with them.
But he also spends time with them, and they hop all over him too, and he'll feed them sometimes at the weekend if i want a lie in
And he views all bunny costs as shared which helps too!

Officially, we have one each, but I tend to do most of the care - certianly all the litter trays!
OH does more of the non-bunny chores to make up for it - so he'll cook tea whilst I tend to the bunnies.
It works well as i was the one who really really wanted them, so he's trying to free up time for me to spend with them.
But he also spends time with them, and they hop all over him too, and he'll feed them sometimes at the weekend if i want a lie in
And he views all bunny costs as shared which helps too!

sounds an ideal set up! lucky you :love:

sometimes i wish oh was more 'into' the pets, but hey, he is who he is and he's fallen in love with neville :love: so i'll make a rabbit lover out of him yet!

100% all mine.

Same as you Jesselle, OH will look after and feed if I am out but they are deffo mine

This - with exception to Crunchie. We went to collect a Free-ad bun from an accidental litter (buns mis-sexed) and there were actually the two boys left. Hubby insisted we took both and to this day refers to Crunchie as his. He's also the only pet we have whom hubby has named. For some reason though I end up paying all his vet bills so maybe I should remind hubby of his pet ownership duties :lol:

my two are all mine :love: OH loves them and does often feed/clean out/cuddle but they are ultimately my responsibility and i pay all vet bills etc.

Mine are solely mine :) I like it that way as I have the freedom to do what I want with them. Our dogs are family dogs and I don't have the freedom to play with them and train them or even feed them when I want.

Poppy was a gift from OH and she is considered mine. After she was spayed and healed up we knew we wanted to get her a little husbunny and I suggested that we rescue a boy and he could be OH's rabbit. Cue the non-commital *yeah alright* and not too bothered. Even when we went and found Gus he didn't seem overly enthusiastic.

However now I would say they are pretty much inseparable...

OH is great at helping with the cleaning out and sorting the litter trays but I tend to do the other daily stuff like water, food etc. and when it came to bonding he left me to it, he knows I'm a bit of a control freak...:D

They are both mine and my hubbies. He helps out looking after them without having do be asked, he's pretty good. I do all the sorting out of vets/jabs etc and spend lots of time on here making sure we look after them properly. But he cleans them out and does everything else equal to what I do.

They are mine, I do all the cleaning, feeding, medicating, watching for illnesses organising insurance vaccinations ect....

James loves them all and plays with them, and will help if asked with claw cutting, feeding ect. He has never once administered meds or cleaned a litter tray though :lol:

He says Poppy is his though... He may have a bit of a point! :love::love::love:

null_zpsadf5ee85.jpg

I don't think Nutmeg belongs to anybody :lol: :lol: She's an independent girlie ;)

But yes, i'm the one who cleans them out, feeds them, gets covered with apple juice when trying to syringe meds, etc.

I don't think Nutmeg belongs to anybody :lol: :lol: She's an independent girlie ;)

But yes, i'm the one who cleans them out, feeds them, gets covered with apple juice when trying to syringe meds, etc.

she certainly looks that way in your signature! neville is similar, he won't be owned by us, he does his own thing a lot of the time!

My trio are exclusively mine, Baby is kind of shared with my grandma :oops: She stays with my grandma a bit more than she stays with me, but somehow I'm the one that pays all the vet bills :roll: :lol:

It seems to depend on what needs doing - cleaning litter trays, hutches, getting up early to feed or rolling around on the floor with them, giving never ending head strokes and attention :lol: Guess who the bunnies belong to at which time :roll:

In theory - Bobo, Holly and Bug are my hubbies - whilst Harley, Sheldon and Cheyenne are mine. But as I say - it depends on what the bunnies need - work or play - as to who they belong to.:?

Bella is apparently only mine when she's been naughty! I know she's in trouble when my mum phones me and starts the conversation with "Your rabbit...." :lol:

Officially Lola is mine and Rambo is OH's. The original chickens were mine but the new ones are all "ours". We split their care fairly evenly.
The original mice I had before I met him but as time's gone on and he's convinced me to keep getting more he's taken over more of their care. I still do more, but he does quite a bit.

He didn't ever have pets growing up, and I've always had some sort of pet.
I never actually wanted rabbits but it was a compromise because he wouldn't let me have ferrets, now we both love them - although we both really miss having a frenchie about. It's just not the same without one :(

Back