• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Seven years ago tomorrow... UD Happy gotcha day Grimlock!

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
About a week and seven years ago there were severe gales, so bad they ripped the fences off our garden.
Hugs the bunny was free ranging and he quickly took advantage of the situation by escaping. :(

Hugs belonged to my brother in law and was under my care. My brother in law was at school at the time. I searched all over the neighbourhood for him and put up posters. We phoned all the pet shops and the vets and then we phoned the RSPCA. Hugs had been found in the road growling at cars and handed in. We were reunited. :love:

A few days later I received a phone call from a woman who had seen my posters. She thought if I would go to that much effort to find a rabbit I must be a good owner (surely every owner would look for their lost pet? :?). She had to move house and needed to find a home for an eight month old house rabbit, which I still think to this day was a lie. (I think she just realised rabbits were hard work, especially this rabbit.) I had a think about it and then I phoned her up and said I would take him.

The next day (seven years ago tomorrow) she brought round a bad of food, a bag of hay and a box of bunny. And that bunny was called Grimlock. :love:

SP_A0217.jpg

I cannot believe it's his 7th gotcha day tomorrow! I didn't even think he'd make it to five, and in a couple of months he'll be eight. :shock: He's been severely ill since he was about one year old. I don't have many pictures of him as a healthy bunny, the one above is one of the best quality ones.

With his much missed wifebun, Smoo:

2012-06-10163450.jpg

2012-10-07142056.jpg

And my most recent picture of my zombie bunny, Grimlock.

IMG_20140105_005023_zps8d45532f.jpg

I like to remember all the wonderful things about living with the Grims (and all the money he's cost me in vet bills :roll:). But I also like to remember Hugs on this day, because he started it all and is always missed.

picture003.jpg

And with his wife Cuddles (who they thought was his brother, had some lovely babies and died defending them from a husky. :():

picture090.jpg
picture090.jpg

And my Smoo-bear because I miss her.

2013-04-27131306_zpse8f12a0a.jpg

2012-04-02150106.jpg

2012-03-28162742.jpg

DSC01632.jpg

Aww - happy Gotcha Day for tomorrow Grims. You are such a beautiful bun - I am so very pleased that silly bat of a woman gave you up to be looked after properly. Hope you mummy spoils you rotten tomorrow - you so deserve it.:love::love::love:

:love::love::love::love::love:

Happy Gotcha for Grimmie baby. Can't believe it nearly 8 years old. :shock: You have done wonders for Grim.

I miss your Smoo too.

Awww Hugs and Cuddles sounded like lovely buns. :love: If it wasn't for Hugs you wouldn't have your wonderful Grim.

Oh my...I'm tearing up looking at all these. *sniffle*
What amazing bunnies. They are all wonderful. And Happy Gotcha Day, Grimmy! :love:
A very Happy Birthday to your Sis too! :D

(((((((((((Smoo :cry: )))))))))))) xxxx

That woman's loss was definitely your gain :love::love::love::love: Love to hear of happy ending coming from something bad happening

I can't believe I've had Grims seven years! I'm celebrating his gotcha day by cleaning his eyes and face for him. :mrgreen:

Happy gotcha day Grim. I only saw his playing with the washing vid the other day. Brilliant! He is lovely (Mottle agrees).

How brave of Hugs to protect his babies from a husky ...

I remember you posting about losing Smoo, bless her. RIP Smoo, Hugs and Cuddles. xxx

Back