• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Malting tidemarks?

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Do your bunnies get what I'm calling tidemarks when they are malting? Maddie currently has a little 'M' on her face which wasn't there before. I've only had them 3 weeks and have noticed a lot more hair the last 2 days, so I guess they are malting. Millie seems to have her winter coat (if that's a thing), her hair is longer and darker than Maddie's. Maddie still has a bald belly from her spay in December while Millie has all her fur back (they were done a week apart), is it normal to take this long to grow back?

Yep buns can get amazing moult lines :love:

I seem to remember a few years ago someone had a bun who moulted a heat shape on their side :lol::love:

I lot of buns seem to be in almost constant moult, my Thor always has a line on him somewhere!

Yep buns can get amazing moult lines :love:

I seem to remember a few years ago someone had a bun who moulted a heat shape on their side :lol::love:

I lot of buns seem to be in almost constant moult, my Thor always has a line on him somewhere!

Maddie's is quite sweet because it's a little M for Maddie on her nose. I keep trying to get a photo but she's a fidget!

Yes Fiver gets really noticeable moult marks, I swear agoutis get them more than other colours or more noticeably anyway.

Milly gets impressive eyebrows when she moults :lol: She ends up looking a total mess!

Charlie doesn't get lines at all!

Milly gets impressive eyebrows when she moults :lol: She ends up looking a total mess!

Charlie doesn't get lines at all!

I noticed Maddie had little tufts of hair above her eyes earlier which I haven't noticed before. Is that because of the moult? I hope they don't get in her eyes!

I noticed Maddie had little tufts of hair above her eyes earlier which I haven't noticed before. Is that because of the moult? I hope they don't get in her eyes!

It could be. Both of mine are part lionhead though so I'm used to a lot of hair :lol:

Millie won't let me brush her but will let me "ruffle" her with my hands while she's eating. Will that be enough to get rid of the excess hair or do I need to pick her up and brush her?

Back