• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies can enjoy the company of children?

Schez

Mama Doe
Following my bunnies and children thread, I really would like to share a moment that made me smile. :D Reggie likes to hop on in at breakfast time and investigate.

A couple of mornings ago, my children were sat at the table tucking into their breakfast and Reggie hopped on in. Of course this was followed by squeals of delight from the kids... :lol: Reggie binkied and carried on investigating and going about his business, the children settled back to breakfast.

Suddenly O called out: "mummy, mummy Reggie is rubbing my feeeeeeeeeeet!"

Sure enough, there was Reggie,under the table rubbing his chin all over their toes... :shock::lol:

"Why is he doing that mummy?"

So I explain that it's Reggie's way of saying that O was his and he was being friends...

When hubby came in, I overheard O telling daddy all about Reggie, and "Reggie loves me and I love Reggie daddy...." :lol:

Yep. The boys do love Reggie. :lol::love:

Though I very much agree that bunnies are definitely not pets for children, children can definitely enjoy Bunny's company if guided/supported in the right way. :thumb:

Would love to hear about other family bunnies and what your children think of them. :love:

My daughter was laying on the kitchen floor and in hopped my Flemish bunny (not neutred at this point) and pounced on my daughter and started hmm hmm :oops:

Her father came home minutes later and she said "dad, Peter wants to be in love with me! And his winky looks like a worm" :oops:

Hes neutred now!;)

My daughter was laying on the kitchen floor and in hopped my Flemish bunny (not neutred at this point) and pounced on my daughter and started hmm hmm :oops:

Her father came home minutes later and she said "dad, Peter wants to be in love with me! And his winky looks like a worm" :oops:

Hes neutred now!;)

:shock:

Pahhhhhhhahahahahaha! :lol:

Oh, that's fantastic. *wipes tears*
Glad he's neutered now... ;)

*thinks* a Flemish bunny? :love::love::love: oh, pleeeeeeease tell me there are pics?! :D

Was just thinking about your last thread, lent my friend whos allergic to rabbits my carrier to go to the vets and in the car she was putting her face to the front to talk to the kitten. Her face is now full of blotches and her eyes are red raw! Just from the carrier that my buns haven't been in for weeks :shock:

Following my bunnies and children thread, I really would like to share a moment that made me smile. :D Reggie likes to hop on in at breakfast time and investigate.

A couple of mornings ago, my children were sat at the table tucking into their breakfast and Reggie hopped on in. Of course this was followed by squeals of delight from the kids... :lol: Reggie binkied and carried on investigating and going about his business, the children settled back to breakfast.

Sure enough, there was Reggie,under the table rubbing his chin all over their toes... :shock::lol:

So I explain that it's Reggie's way of saying that O was his and he was being friends...

When hubby came in, I overheard O telling daddy all about Reggie, and "Reggie loves me and I love Reggie daddy...." :lol:

Though I very much agree that bunnies are definitely not pets for children, children can definitely enjoy Bunny's company if guided/supported in the right way. :thumb:

Would love to hear about other family bunnies and what your children think of them. :love:

Awwwwwwww...that's so lovely :love:

Hes neutred now!;)

This is so funny :lol::lol: I can't stop giggling :lol:

Katie seems to enjoy hopping around my two kids, and certainly isnt bothered or scared by them. She does hop on the sofa to sit next to them as well.

I don't really think any pets are children's pets, doesn't mean that children can't form a bond with them, buns, cats, dogs, horses... I even saw a little boy on tv (Australian animal hospital thing) that had grown up with a house croc :shock: croc would sidle up to him nibble his toes until he went to get mummy then steal his toys and hightail it back to the pond with them! :shock: :lol: It was awesome!

My first bunny had a bit of a love affair with my cat slippers :shock: :lol: he was also the reason I had an interesting conversation with my history teacher... Erm no I didn't nibble the spine of my exercise book, you see I left my bag open and my house rabbit stole it and... :lol:

That's lovely!!

Hector is quite intrigued by children. On seeing my friend's little girl (then 4) on the sofa, he jumped straight up next to here and started "nosing" her. She stroked him, not that gently, but he just lay there pleased with the attention. Good bunny. :)

Hes neutred now!;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A house croc?! Thats outside my comfort zone....!

x

It was bizarre, apparently it has an illness that needed lots of hands on care when it was a teeny tiny croclet and bonded with the kids mum. She would go and lie on the women's feet to tell her when she was feeling poorly and needed help :shock:

They showed a check up a and the croc was loose in the car when they arrived and simply carried into the vets in their arms and was very well behaved for the check up. Didn't have the jaws taped up or anything, even when taking blood she just sat calmly in Mummy's arms (thrashed about at one point and whimpered... whimpered :shock:) they then showed croccy being fed at home and running down the hall into the kitchen :shock:

So sweet :love:

My two (children) are generally the only ones who can stroke our pair of bunnies :roll: when we're all out in the garden, they run if Karl or I approach but will follow the kids around and generally sniff and explore them. :love:

Back