• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Houdini rabbit

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
My housemate came down this morning and found a fully closed pen, and harvey out of it, sat on the sofa! I can't work out how he escaped!

3 foot high puppy pen, open topped, but there's no way he can jump that high!! Pen is against a wall at one end, and wedged between a hutch and a sofa at the other end, none of the panels had been pushed open slightly, the gap at the wall end is less than an inch...

How did he do this?!?!?!

Apparently he was thoroughly annoyed at the fact he was stuck out!

I've seen my Thor jump over a 4ft puppy pen :shock: he did it early morning when his pen was in our room, I woke up to a rattling sound and a rabbit just about balanced on the top of the pen :shock: he then fell off the other side (luckily the side against the wall) and slid down the wall to the floor where he sat looking confused!

He was fine and never tried that again!!!

We have a stair gate going across the hall, it's over 2 ft tall and Loki jumps it without even pausing to think! :shock:

:shock:

How big are they? Harvey is a 2.6kg dwarf lop, a little over weight (we're trying to get his weight back to 2.4!)!

I've left the pen shut and I'm on the sofa hoping I'll see his magic trick if he repeats it, but he's looking at me grumpily so I reckon I'm going to have to let them out! I wish I had a night camera in here!

My housemate came down this morning and found a fully closed pen, and harvey out of it, sat on the sofa! I can't work out how he escaped!

3 foot high puppy pen, open topped, but there's no way he can jump that high!! Pen is against a wall at one end, and wedged between a hutch and a sofa at the other end, none of the panels had been pushed open slightly, the gap at the wall end is less than an inch...

How did he do this?!?!?!

Apparently he was thoroughly annoyed at the fact he was stuck out!

My little charlie done this last night, a 3" high puppy pen and I found him happily sat next to his sister (they are getting spayed and neutered on monday) he has a carrier on his side that he could have used as a step but there is a sheet over it which hasn't been touched.... and nothing on lolas side for him to land on :? :lol: I am truly puzzled as to how he managed it, especially without hurting himself!

I'm pretty sure Dandy and Beano would get out of that, I've seen them jump at least that high they're only small buns too :shock:

3ft is nothing for mine :lol:

Donny has nearly managed 5ft before.. 4ft is easy, even for Lola and she only weighs 2.2kg. Donny is about 3.6kg. Both 'dwarf' lops.

Wow I'm seriously impressed at all these bunnies :shock: he has a little wooden bed which is about 6inches, so maybe he used it as a boost, although then he'd have had no run up... And I think he'd need that!

He has just under 8 foot to have had a run up so maybe he did that... He isn't hurt, he will either have fallen onto the carpet, maybe the sofa, or into a wall!!!

I wish I'd seen his face when he'd landed :lol: I bet he was so surprised at himself! I've put the pens up before with Lilly in, whilst Harvey's gone for a wander, he freaks out when he realises he can't get to Lilly (quickly fixed by me picking him up and plonking him in the pen) so he must've been so worried last night! Lilly freaks when she can't find him so she will have had a stressful night too!

Stupid Harvey!

The binkies are coming thick and fast now :lol: I think he's proud of himself for getting out last night! I've only opened one of the panels up so they can run about, but I can close it up quick as I'm off out soon, so maybe he thinks he's escaping again by getting out and is doing his naughty binkies :lol:

Yep, mine are smallish dwarf lops, both just over 2kg if I remember rightly. They don't run up, they periscope to get an idea of height and then crouch spring and scrabble! :shock:

I think it's because all the power is coming from those hind legs so they need it directly below them to spring upwards. It's quite impressive to watch :lol:

Biscuit could easily do a 3ft puppy pen and has on numerous occasions.

No run up or anything required, simply crouch and spring. They can scrabble up bars too.

Maddie squeezed through a gap in their pen that I couldn't fit my hand in. We figured it out by putting in her and putting a treat on the outside to see how she would get out again. She can get so flat like a snake! :lol:

3ft is nothing. My baby mini lion lop jumped that once and he was only about a kg when he did it. My 3kgish dwarf lop has junmoed over a 5ft fence to escape my garden before :shock:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3ft is nothing. My baby mini lion lop jumped that once and he was only about a kg when he did it. My 3kgish dwarf lop has junmoed over a 5ft fence to escape my garden before :shock:

Cheyenne can clear 3ft too - she is only about 1.3kg now but I've watched her do it. Problem is that once they realise they can - then it's b*****r of a job to stop them :lol:

Cheyenne can clear 3ft too - she is only about 1.3kg now but I've watched her do it. Problem is that once they realise they can - then it's b*****r of a job to stop them :lol:

I put the lid on the run now when they're in it. I didn't bother before, thinking "oh they're only babies". Gave me the fright of my life when I came home and only Badger was there :shock: naughty Blueberry!!

Maddie squeezed through a gap in their pen that I couldn't fit my hand in. We figured it out by putting in her and putting a treat on the outside to see how she would get out again. She can get so flat like a snake! :lol:

I tried this, with some banana, both rabbits went crazy the other side of the bars, but just ran in circles and shook the bars, no attempt to show me how he did his trick :( I think he wants to keep it secret :p

After all these stories I think my little man did jump! He wasn't out for long, one of my housemates saw him in the pen at 830, the other found him out at 9!

Yep. I reckon a "jump" too.

My first rabbits were a nethie and a Dutch-x. They lived outside.

I bought some lovely bedding plants so "fenced off" part of their garden with panels of about 3 ft.

I finished planting and went for a cup of tea. When I returned, the rabbits had leapt over the fence and were enjoying the "buffet" I had carefully selected and planted for them... :lol:

Back