• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playing with your bunnies

dumblepaws

Mama Doe
Okay, so weird question - but any advice on how to play with your bunnies?

Mine are so lovely and so lucky and affectionate, and at times will jump all over me and will run up the stairs after me....but sometimes they just want to groom each other, or sit in their litter tray an eat hay. And i only have a couple of hours with them each night between getting home from work and bedtime and want to have more quality time - instead of them nyomming hay and me reading RU on my phone next to them

So any ideas for fun human/bunny playtimes very much appreciated
thank you!

Anything that jingles, or anything involving food! :lol:

Loki and Farore will both chuck toys if I put them in front of them. If the jingle they might even give it a shake before they throw it :lol:

All my buns come over if I sit with them but Poppy and Thor don't really play so treats are my main interaction with them!

I sometimes hide treats around the room for them or handfeed them. Toshi loves tossing toys put in front of him and Joshua likes rearranging blankets as you miss them up.

I don't think prey animals 'play' in the same way that you would play with a cat or a dog, say. But the OP is right, they like chucking stuff around. Playing 'hide the treat' is a good one :)

Rupert is very playful - I wiggle anything at him (like you do to a cat) and he goes looooooooooooopy!!!!!!! runs round and round and round binkying, then comes back and, you know how dogs bend down when they want to play? he does that! if you ignore him he nips you then you have to chase him and he absolutely loves it!!

I hand feed them - but I make them climb and stuff so they're not just sitting there eating.... then me make them run round the room and jump on the sofa for pellets lol

We lie on the floor and make them climb on us, we call it face time :lol:

Mine do not bother with chucking things for fun.... if you give them something like a toilet roll tube, they just look at you like you're crazy!! they do however like a tube filled with hay so long as its got pellets in there too - tia gets annoyed at it, Rupert stands on the hay, then pulls the tube, takes him about 2 mins he's too clever and works everything out - its hard to keep him entertained :lol:

Back