• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long to wait before calling the vets? update what can i do now?

iggyperdyandme

Alpha Buck
My rabbit Betty ate some hay about an hour ago but didnt come for her bedtime pellets when called to and has turned her nose up at a treat. Im not sure what to do, I deffo know she was eating an hour ago but she has only eaten one stand of hay since. Im not sure what to do.

Do i give it half an hour and see or call now?

Last edited:
We usually give them an hour or so but it's never been as late in the evening as this so we've had a bit of a buffer.

What's the output like?

If it were me I'd give her an hour but chase her around for a few minutes now, sometimes movement can help get things moving.

I called the vet who said that because she has eaten earlier to give her some pain killers and try to get her to eat. I have some baby food but no infacol and the nearest supermarket is closed. What else can i do? I dont want to lose another bunny!

What's the output like?

If it were me I'd give her an hour but chase her around for a few minutes now, sometimes movement can help get things moving.

We dont think she has pooped but she had eaten a couple of bits of hay and its hard to tell if she is pooping because she shares a litter tray. :(

How is she this morning?

Aww thank you for asking! :wave: We basically spent half the night checking on her setting an alarm on the hour but this morning she was tempted by a couple of pellets and soon after started having hay :D

She saw the vet as soon as they opened and she said that she was doing really well but has a tiny barb on one of her back teeth which our vet said to monitor and check her again soon because its still tiny and she has been poorly.

We have some ranitidine to give her three times a day but by this evening she is eating like a little bearded pony! :D

She seemed to perk up as soon as i put her back with Walter. We separated them for a little while while we syringe fed her and gave her the pain killers and when we put her back on the rug, Walter started binkying about and running around her. After the hellish time we had bonding them last year, its so amazing to see them both so happy! :love::love:

Back