• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bit of a dilemma...

joeybun

Warren Scout
So Charlie and Lola have been seperated for 2 weeks now, they have been in a puppy pen divided down the middle to keep them apart until they are neutered and spayed which will be on monday (10th feb)
Last night I accidently pen door open and found them together this morning

Charlie was grooming Lola
20140205_142306_zpsuwz81mp8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I seperated them and gave them their breakfasts, but when I came home I found lola (she's the nervous one) desperately biting at the divider to get to charlie. While cleaning them out I let them run around together and she settled down and they groomed eachother (well actually charlie groomed lola and lola nugded him to carry on :lol: ) they followed eachother around investigating the new toys and litter trays together. If they are going the vets on monday, would it be ok to leave them together (aslong as charlie doesn't pester Lola) now? There has been no humping or chasing go on while I was sat with them (about 2 hours).
Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
In that case there is a good chance that she is pregnant.

:shock: would her being spayed still be an option. I don't want her to have babies, she is only a baby herself and they are littermates :?
*Edit* that sounds hearltess but Im just thinking of her. I have kept them selerate until today.

Last edited:
:shock: would her being spayed still be an option. I don't want her to have babies, she is only a baby herself and they are littermates :?

Yes it should be fine - but you need to let your vet know that she may be pregnant.

I kept Levi and Daisy together. Levi was neutered at 3.5 months as soon as his testicles appeared. Daisy was then done at 5 months. I don't want to advise you either way, as with Charlie still not having been neutered I guess the chance of Lola now being pregnant at 5 months is higher than it was with Daisy.

Yes it should be fine - but you need to let your vet know that she may be pregnant.

Ok, thank you for your help :) Panic set in there.
I've seperated them again now, I'll have to give them extra noms to be their friend again :lol:

I kept Levi and Daisy together. Levi was neutered at 3.5 months as soon as his testicles appeared. Daisy was then done at 5 months. I don't want to advise you either way, as with Charlie still not having been neutered I guess the chance of Lola now being pregnant at 5 months is higher than it was with Daisy.

Thank you. I've seperated them as I don't want to chance it. Knowing me I'd keep them together and then something will happen with the vet appointment nand it will be too late :roll:
Your buns are really cute btw :love:

You've done right in separating them but still allowing them to see each other. Before you take Lola to be spayed I would ring your vets and tell them as much information beforehand about the possibility of her being pregnant. This way you and your vet can discuss any concerns you might have before the big day.

Best of luck.

So if they were separated at 4 months, except for this recent meeting, it should be all right because even if she got pregnant now, the spay could still go ahead.

So if they were separated at 4 months, except for this recent meeting, it should be all right because even if she got pregnant now, the spay could still go ahead.

I was worried that she may already be pregnant when I got them at 16 weeks, I told the vet and she said she thought it would be unlikely? I'll give them a ring later on and explain though.
charlie managed to clear the 3" high pen last night and I found them together again this morning, but he got excited and began to hump her head so I seperated them a.s.a.p :? I don't want them falling out so I'll keep them seperate until after the ops.

Back