• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We have a poorly lodger bunny who'd like some vibes please U/D post 66

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
This little man came in to a local vet on Saturday as a stray after being found wandering the streets. :cry:

With no owner and being in a very sorry state the most likely option for him was pts; we wanted to give the poor mite a chance but just didn't have the room to offer him a permanent home. :( Thanks to an amazingly kind and generous offer of a home at Rainbow Rabbits once he's well enough to travel, we were able to take him in temporarily here and help him on the road to recovery. I know Liz and Steve will make sure he lives the kind of life that he deserves. :love::love:

He's underweight, has suspected EC - slight head tilt, weak back legs - and a bad mite infestation as well as ear mites. His face was thick, crusty and matted and his bum was matted too so they had to shave a lot of fur off & gave his tear ducts a flush. They also suspected he was blind although, now we've had him home for a couple of days, we think he has at least some vision as he's not bumping into everything like we'd have expected. His eyes bulge slightly though, and the third eyelids are visible, even more so when he's stressed.

He had a seizure last night :( so has now also been to see a lovely exotics vet who's giving him a course of steroids which should help with all his issues & he's been stable since then. He's got ear drops for the mites and is also on panacur for the ec. Despite all he's been through he's quite bright and is eating really well so we're hopeful he has a fighting chance.

He's not the most attractive man right now, bless him, but that just makes him all the more lovable to us. So, yes, as title if you could keep this man in your thoughts it would be appreciated. :love:

What a wee sweetheart he is....I will be keeping a keen eye on updates on this wee one.

Awww bless his little heart.
Sending vibes for the gorgeous fluff. x
Feel better soon sweetie. x

:love:

He has already got a special place in my heart, I hope he's doing ok Karen.

Well done to you all for helping him x

Aw poor little guy - so pleased he's safe now and will be loved and cared for, sending lots of vibes and gentle noserubs xxx

It was a relief to read that his face had been shaved as I wondered what was going on, face fur must be fluffier than I realised as I thought it was ulcers or such.

So glad he's found his way to safety and to have a chance at a wonderful life and that he can be well and able to travel to his forever home very soon.

Sending bucket loads of vibes.

Oh bless him xxx What a poor little fella xxxx

Can I donate for him or something?

If so can you please pm me xxx

Thank goodness someone found the little man, and well done to you and rainbow rabbits for taking care of him, sending get well soon vibes xxx

Back