• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to rebond with a bunny

Whitelighter

Warren Scout
Poppy has gone offer since having kits.

I guess it's because I'm in and around her area cleaning etc but she now won't come up to me, is very shy and often turns her back and hides as far away underneath things as she can. I get the occasional nose rub in but it get the impression she is scared and tolerating it rather than enjoying it.

She also honks sometimes when I stroke her. No foot thumping but just about everything else. Once the kits are out if the best and I can get her spayed am I ever likely to get the old Poppy back or is that just not going to happen?

It's a shame because she was a really friendly rabbit :(

I know its not nice to be honked at and you do feel that they don't love you but I think its just a waiting game for her. She's gone through having kits, and having a human invading her nest (to help). Be patient and I'm sure her curiosity will come back :wave:

They get like this when they have their babies. Some females become quite vicious. Protecting their young becomes high priority. She will return to her normal friendly self in time. :)

Back