• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit savvy vet needed in Devon

katie88

Mama Doe
Hi all

I've posted one of these before but didn't have any luck so I'm going to try again.

My current vet is ok but a little old fashioned and I would love to find a 'proper' rabbit vet. Any help much appreciated. My only trouble is travel distance because marbles really doesn't like travelling but I'd consider it for the right vet. Thank you in advance!

I always got the impression Yvette had a good vet, not sure how far from you though, maybe you could pm her. She's south Devon so may not be too far.

You could try asking at Mullacott Veterinary Hospital – Ilfracombe if that's not too far from you. We had to take our dog whilst on holiday and they were very good so perhaps they have access to an exotics vet.

Just looked at their website 'At Charter Veterinary Hospital we have an dedicated ward and equipment to care for birds, rabbits and reptiles. The team at Mullacott Veterinary Hospital, Ilfracombe provide veterinary care for Combe Martin Wildlife Park.'

http://www.chartervets.com/locations/mullacott-ilfracombe/

Thank you so so much. If Ian has moved to Silverton that would be amazing! Abbotskerswell is doable anyway.

Thank you all I am so grateful for all of these replies x

Yes the lovely Ian is at Silvertons in Paignton.You cant get a better fella for the job.Hes amazing, kind, funny, is all for the rabbit and is bloody gorgous to boot!!:love::love::love:

Haha thanks Yvette. I went to see him a couple of weeks ago. He was brilliant! After he was recommended to me I did a search on here for him and I found lots of posts by you saying how fab he is, including the gorgeous part... :lol: He was brilliant though and marbles liked him too

Hes wonderful. He saw 3 of my lot in one week..two buns and Rube. On the day Treasure was going for her post op check the weather was stormy and he rang me to say the traffic was bad and stormy as hell and if Treasure was ok then to stay home. Really considerate.

Back