• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

feeling somethings missing

beccimarie

Mama Doe
Hello everyone some of u may remember me I had two rescue bunny Casper and poppy whom both suffered with abscesses despite this they enjoyed life but they lost there fight a few years ago, I afterwards became ill with anorexia nervosa I didn't know what to do with myself after they went, I'm out of hospital now and a healthy weight and even getting married this year! But somethings missing, rabbits were a big part of my life but I'm scared of becoming too attached again, the heartbreak is unbearable and then theres getting past my fiance as he is completely against the idea of having another just incase it makes me ill :( oooh rabbit United give me comfort :(

I am saddened to hear that you feel as you do. Please try to find some comfort in reading fellow RU members' experiences, stories and photos of their furry families. Sending you a snuggly hug and hope you manage to feel brighter soon.

Take care. x

*hugs* you could maybe help out with rescues. Either fostering till they found new homes or helping clean or fundraise.
and im so sorry to hear you were so ill, but im glad you are now on the mend xxxxxx

so lovely to see you back. :)

could you volunteer at a rescue/sanctuary for a while, or maybe even foster? it must be a hard situation because like you say, they make us so happy, but then when they have to leave it is devastating. but at the same time, you can't imagine life without rabbits.

well done on getting to a healthy weight x

I do remember you and Casper and Poppy :wave:
I am sorry to hear you have been feeling poorly. I can understand the desire to bring back something into your life that you know once held great joy for you. I can also understand your apprehension and your intended not wanting you to come to any further harm.
It really is up to the two of you to decide what would be best, not just as individuals but as a whole. Sometimes these things can lead to difficulties later on if not handled carefully. There is of course risk with any animal companion and their little lives go so much more quickly than ours...we have to be up to the task.
Such is the journey we undertake to bring the love of wee furry creatures onboard. :)

Whatever you decide, I hope we will see more of you at RU. You have been missed. :)

Back