• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*as much advice needed please*

Hi all,

Yesterday very sadly one of my bunnies was put to sleep, she has been off all week and went very peacefully yesterday morning. She leaves behind her sister though, who at the moment seems fine, eating & drinking and being her usual cheeky self however I don't want her to be on her own. She is spayed and is 2 years old and I got her and her sister from a breeder 2 years ago! What does everyone suggest with getting her a friend, would I get a baby? Another female? A neutered male? Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi all,

Yesterday very sadly one of my bunnies was put to sleep, she has been off all week and went very peacefully yesterday morning. She leaves behind her sister though, who at the moment seems fine, eating & drinking and being her usual cheeky self however I don't want her to be on her own. She is spayed and is 2 years old and I got her and her sister from a breeder 2 years ago! What does everyone suggest with getting her a friend, would I get a baby? Another female? A neutered male? Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

So sorry for your loss :(

I would suggest a neutered male from a local rescue :)

Hi
Sorry to hear you have lost your bun yesterday :(
I have a neutered male and female who get on really well, someone else maybe able to help you a bit more with having two neutered females who were not sisters. I would suggest looking around local rescues and see what bunnies need homes/to be paired up with adult bunnies like yours, they would be able to help you also.
Good luck :)

i'm so sorry for your loss :(

a local rescue would be the best place to look for a companion for your remaining bun :thumb: you can ring them up and ask if they ofter a matching/bonding service to ensure they get on. generally a neutered male is the best bet. good luck!

I'm so sorry for you loss

Could you consider getting a already neutered bunny from a rescue?

They can help find the right bunny for you little bun and may even bond them for you

You have done a great job by neutering them and providing for them and it's great you are on here asking advice :)

Back