• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tree ID help please

elmoandfern

Mama Doe
Does anyone know what this tree is? And if its bunny safe? its overhanging their run now. Sorry for the bad pictures, and no leaves!

BEFA9570-1E01-4551-9C46-CB4C2A6FAE74-6198-000003869E556205_zps5c21a24f.jpg

37E347A4-DBDD-4F13-BFBA-FA07D48FD5CB-6198-0000038698BC887B_zpsec0ccc3f.jpg

6E2C9D63-C54F-445E-8244-9853EF4FF0E1-6198-0000038692AA0163_zpsc34cbbd8.jpg

Looks like an extremely early flowering japanese cherry tree to me.... My hunch would be that it's safe, but it's a sterile ornamental cherry so I don't actually know that. Hopefully someone will!

Looks like an extremely early flowering japanese cherry tree to me.... My hunch would be that it's safe, but it's a sterile ornamental cherry so I don't actually know that. Hopefully someone will!

thank you! so far nothing has fallen off but if the wind carries on i'll worry as fern gobbles anything that lands near her :roll:

if i know its unsafe i can just chop it down :thumb:

I don't know what the tree is but thought anything to do with a fruit tree that produces fruit with stones is not good for bunnies, especially the twigs and branches.

I don't know what the tree is but thought anything to do with a fruit tree that produces fruit with stones is not good for bunnies, especially the twigs and branches.

im fairly sure that no fruit grows on it, we didnt have any last year from what i can remember! i think its just flowers and leaves, but if its a type of fruit tree that just doesn't grow fruit (if thats possible) is it still dangerous?

im fairly sure that no fruit grows on it, we didnt have any last year from what i can remember! i think its just flowers and leaves, but if its a type of fruit tree that just doesn't grow fruit (if thats possible) is it still dangerous?

I don't think it would make much difference if it bore fruit or not, if it is a cherry tree. I would just make sure they don't have access to it and get to chew the trunk. No leaves either.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?280949-Is-cherry-tree-safe

http://www.rabbitawarenessweek.co.uk/environment/plants-that-can-be-harmful-to-rabbits

can you get a close up photo of the flowers? as some magnolias flower earlier and lilacs, what with the milder weather might have bloomed earlier

Back