• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny biscuits/treats

We'll it seems as though I have run out of fenugreek chrunchies :shock:

I've seen them before but does anyone have a recipe home made biscuits?

Hoping I can concoct something out of store cupboard ingredients!

Thanks

Hannah :D

I made some using crushed up pellets, chopped hay, grated apple and a few porridge oats. They took ages to cook but I think that's because they were too wet before I put them in the oven.

I also did some by soaking pellets in warm water, adding chopped carrot and coriander and some readigrass.
They turned out ok.

I just wanted to update that I made a recipe that I found online, but adapted a little as it was rather high in fatty oats, it was roughly:

1 cup pellets
1 cut oats
1/2 carrot
1/2 banana
bunch of parsley

I soaked the pellets in enough water to make them soft. I then put all the ingredients in a food processor and whizzed with a little extra water just to break it down and bring it all together. I then rolled out the mix with a little organic rye flour and cut into squares and baked in a the oven at about 140°C for 1 1/2 hours until they flet quite dry.

They are going down well with the bunnies, but only being fed sparingly!

Hannah :)

Thanks, I must save the recipe...sounds good. How do you go about storage once they are made and do they last a while or do they have to be chucked out after a few days?x

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I must save the recipe...sounds good. How do you go about storage once they are made and do they last a while or do they have to be chucked out after a few days?x

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

As long as you dry them out enough during the cooking stage they should last quite a while, I put them in an Tupperware (other brands are available), couple of weeks on and they are still good.

Hannah :)

Back