• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ready for my close up

Kirotea

Mama Doe
This is a photo of Millie, one of the two sisters I have had for 3 weeks. She's the more timid of the two but she let me take a photo today. That's a door stopper thing on the skirting board by her face, they like to rub their chins on them!

Childish question - how do you know if your buns actually like you or just tolerate you because you feed them?? Maddie jumped up on my lap yesterday when I had no food, I've no idea whether this was because she wanted to say hello or because she knows she gets food on my lap normally!

Millie will only let me stroke her on the nose for a second and then hops away from me, but she quite often then binkies straight afterwards too!

12250368565_919b7ce8bc.jpg

Cute! Also it takes time,every bunny is different maybe one of your buns is getting tame quickly but the other one is a little bit shy or still getting used to you and yoour surrondings?
I've had my buns for 8 months - Vanilla is perfect he loves attention and head rubs but chocolate is a little shy(he's always been) He enjoys being petted but now that I've moved them inside/free range around the house I see them al the time- meaning more contact!
Both were born at the rspca but the mother did have a bad begining to life.

Spending as much time as you can with them will make your bond with them better:love:
Also a good way to know, is if your bunny comes to you without being scared- everytime they do give them a piece of veg or a treat!

My two came from the RSPCA too (not born there though) and hadn't been well handled previously. I can see the improvement in them already. They wouldn't let me touch them at all to begin with and then they would tolerate touching as long as there was food. Maddie will let me stroke her for a bit now even without food and jumps up on my lap for food. Millie will put her front two legs on me but won't jump up, it doesn't help that Maddie is the bossy one and (despite being the smaller of the two!) pushes Millie out of the way just as it looks like she might get on my lap. I'm slightly tempted to put Maddie in their pen and spend some time with Millie on her own as she often gets pushed out by Maddie, but I think I might feel a bit mean doing that. They quite often follow me around now, but it's so hard to know if it's because they like me or because they think I'm going to the fridge for their veggies! :lol:

What a GORGEOUS bun! :love:

All buns are different; some like cuddles and some like to be near you, but don't want strokes. I think that the buns are approaching you without food and also binkying is a great sign! :thumb:

Back