• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Helping each other to help the bunnies WARNING CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES. pics p15

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
There seems to be so much upset in the rescue world at the moment I thought it would be good to show that we can all still work together for the good of the animals :)

I know many don't rate the Rspca but if it wasn't for some of the inspectors doing an incredibly difficult job then so many more animals would suffer. Last weekend a number of rabbits and piggies were seized from horrific conditions. Most of the animals were in a disgusting state. Many were taken to Rspca walsall where they are doing an amazing job with them :love: One of the rabbits was in a particularly bad way so Becky asked if we would be able to help her. Of course we said yes as we had already decided we would offer help if it was needed. This rabbit only has three legs, it is thought it hasn't been removed surgically but is possibly a birth defect. She was filthy and sore underneath. Her body is twisted from having to cope with the deformity,she can barely walk and she is emaciated :cry:

What Becky didn't mention straight away was that this bunny had become bonded to another during their removal and was completely reliant on her for support. So how could we say no to helping a second rabbit! This little girl had such horrendous incisors she couldn't shut her mouth :( so the rspca had them removed on monday along with getting her neutered.

We have been waiting for her to recover from her op enough to be able to travel to us and steve is on his way to collect them now. While we have been waiting we have been building them a temporary pen for them to recover in. We have decided to call the three legged girl Dilys as it is welsh for perfect :love: and we are thinking we will call the other Aimee as it is french for beloved friend :love:

Below are photos taken by the rspca the day the rabbits were removed. I will leave a gap before posting them so you can scroll past more easily if you don't want to look. Hopefully I will be able to update with much prettier photos soon

Dilys
dilys1.jpg

her poor little tail in this pic
dilys2.jpg

Aimee
aimee1.jpg

Last edited:
Good heavens! That's awful.

At least they have finally found some luck with you. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't get why people get rabbits/piggies and don't take care of them:evil:
Due to the cold weather mine are now inside along with the piggies (Hamsters have always been!)
Hopefully all the animals will recover nicely, :love:

Oh my goodness poor Dilys and Aimee.:cry::cry: But thank goodness that they are now in your wonderful care. Hopefully over time you will keep us updated on their progress and of course some photos too.

Many people do not rate the RSPCA highly, if at all, but I know that there are people who work for them who put every effort in helping the animals. I admire them for the hard work and at times, heart breaking things they have to do and scenes that they witness.

Please give these little darlings a little warm cuddle from me please.

Liz, you do a fantastic job. xxxx

I might be wrong but my understanding is that it was a breeder, although goodness knows how any animal was able to breed they were all in such awful conditions. All have fleas, mites, ear mites and a lot worse. :cry:

I have no words Liz, other than "thank you" for helping them. I'll make a small donation via paypal to help towards their rehabilitation.

ETA - I can't get into your website Liz. Can you remind me of your paypal e-mail address please? PM me if you don't want to put it on the forum. IGNORE- I've got into your website now and donated using your nifty little 'donate' button :thumb:.

Last edited:
Well these two are in very capable hands now so will have the best chance ever of making fully recoveries.

If anyone can...you can Liz. xxxy

I think they are going to attempt prosecution as some piggies were in a worse state and not all of them made it :(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

It is a tribute to their resilience that they have survived at all, how on earth was Aimee even able to eat, my comments on the sort of people who allow them to get onto this condition are not printable.

Sending loads of vibes for their recovery and well done you for taking them on.

There are no words!!

Becky and Vicky do such an amazing job and are so committed to the animals. They are both such lovely girls( as well as the other team members at rspca walsall).

The buns are so lucky to be safely out of that environment.

Dilys and Aimee you will be safe at Steve and Liz's and will know what true unconditional love and care is. Sending vibes and thoughts xxxx

I don't even know what to say! There doesn't seem to be any words that can say what I'm feeling after reading this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are so beautiful. Thank goodness for RSPCA Walsall and Rainbow Rabbits. These bunnies may have been through hell so far but all good from now on :love::love:

I have no words Liz, other than "thank you" for helping them. I'll make a small donation via paypal to help towards their rehabilitation.

ETA - I can't get into your website Liz. Can you remind me of your paypal e-mail address please? PM me if you don't want to put it on the forum. IGNORE- I've got into your website now and donated using your nifty little 'donate' button :thumb:.

Thank you so much xxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

What wee souls they are. They will be getting the best of treatment with you :)

Apart from the missing leg these bunnies are like what my Inca and Herbie were like before they got rescued by BARC & Bunnyhops.

Bunnyhops took Inca from the RSPCA who rescued her from a house. Inca had no tail and was scalded all up her back and legs. They thought that she had been burnt with chemicals :(

Herbie was abandoned and his incisors grew even longer than Aimees. His were right up into his nose :(

Herbie

Inca

Back