• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What colour shall I paint the walls of the brand new house rabbit accommodation?

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
All being well, the new accommodation should be completed by the beginning of March at the very latest!!!

The plasterer is busy....plastering today, the new bathroom is going to be fitted next week and then there is the new bunny accommodation. The new room will be used just for boarders.....bunny area and a lovely cosy guinea pig area. I am hoping to have accommodation which can be very flexible....no, not bendy....but can be used for single bunnies, pairs, groups and even GIANTS!!!! And of course not forgetting any special need furry friends......disabled/ on medication.:thumb:

Now, I need some ideas as to what colour I should paint the room. It is south facing, and about 8' x 12'. On one of the walls I hope to paint a mural depicting a lovely meadow scene, some trees, sunshine and of course frolicking bunnies.:love: So there will be greens, blues, yellow and browns on that wall.

Brain fog at the moment due to the brick dust that has managed to eek its way into almost everything....including my brain!!! :lol:

So come on folks lets hear some of your ideas please.

Last edited:
Oo if you're painting a scene like that on 1 wall I think blue or green might be a but much for the others.

I think I nice pale but bright yellow, like the sunshine is on the whole room :D

Pale green......:love:
Pale yellow......:love:
Thank you for the ideas:thumb:
I also like the idea of a duck egg blue........

Off to the local B @ Q this afternoon to have a look at some colour swatches. I've never had to choose colours for a indoor room to be used purely for furry friends. I wish they could talk and give me some ideas too.:lol:

Back