• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where To Put the hutch?

I have built thr hutch this evening. The best place to put it is beside a wall were it is blocked in all directions from the elements. The only thing, it is on concrete. I take it this wpuld be too sore for the rbbits feet? Is there anything i could do??

A lot of people on here have their bunnies runs on concrete, I'm guessing the actual hutch is raised off the ground? It means that bunnies can't dig out and they are safe from predators. I'm sure they'd appreciate being able to have a run on the grass sometimes too but being on the concrete means you can let them have 24/7 access as long as it's all secure. If you are worried about sore hocks you can provide them with places to sit or a sandpit to dig in

Do you mean they have a run that would be on concrete? A hutch should have a wooden base and legs? If you mean they'll have a run on concrete, that's fine in my experience (though I know some breeds are sensitive to sore feet so you may need to check that). As long as they have the option of somewhere soft and dry as well that should be ok.

Back