• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bargain!

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Picked up this today that I won on eBay, an ikea changing table, for the bargain price of £3.39!! Will come to some good use in the new bunny shed :D

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w392/jaxken/8A5D0874-E3E4-40DF-BE50-69C9A1E27E3E_zps584tdali.png

I have been driving around half the day mind u :roll: Also went to pick up a table I got too (also for the bunnies of course :lol:) but they weren't in after me driving 40mins to get there :( Having to go back tomorrow now :/

And in case anyone cares, I also bought a big pot of cuprinol :lol: Bit of a boring colour though I'm afraid... Urban Slate... But I wanted a darker colour for the floor of the shed and basically any surfaces where mucky bunny feet will tread! I've found seagrass shows up a lot of dirt and my hutches look manly even when they're clean because of them being in and out of the runs all day and bringing mud in (tut tut) I've still got some seagrass left over though for a few prettier touches :lol: Going to get started on the table top I've got that will be an upper level for them, just can't wait!! :D

By the way is anyone else having probs with the new photobucket since it's updated? It won't paste the IMG code and it also uploads unedited versions of my pics :( I've googled about this but it all goes a bit over my head :lol: I'm not very technical so I was glad photobucket was so easy, but now it's not!!

Last edited:
Ooh, I love a good bargain :thumb: or recycling stuff for the buns :D my buns have a shelf unit in it that had wire mesh on the shelves, that was left behind when I bought my shop, so I got some cheap markdown wood in b and q and they even cut it to size for me :D then they have a wooden box which began life as the outside casing of a small set of drawers for under a desk :lol:

Why not see if you can get some cheap Lino for the shed, small independant shops will often sell roll end pieces really cheaply, or even give them to you as they're too small for a room usually? I got given thick rubber stuff for my bun shed, it's used conveyor belt matting but is as new on the other side, so easy to clean :thumb:

Ooh, I love a good bargain :thumb: or recycling stuff for the buns :D my buns have a shelf unit in it that had wire mesh on the shelves, that was left behind when I bought my shop, so I got some cheap markdown wood in b and q and they even cut it to size for me :D then they have a wooden box which began life as the outside casing of a small set of drawers for under a desk :lol:

Why not see if you can get some cheap Lino for the shed, small independant shops will often sell roll end pieces really cheaply, or even give them to you as they're too small for a room usually? I got given thick rubber stuff for my bun shed, it's used conveyor belt matting but is as new on the other side, so easy to clean :thumb:

Thanks for your reply i was beginning to think my post had bored everyone to tears :lol: I'm just excited :D I know I'm trying to use as much cheap/recycled stuff as I can as buying the shed has been a bit if an indulgence so I need to pull back my spending a bit!! It's not like me to get such a good bargain on eBay I usually get outbid just when I think I'm going to get something for a couple of quid!! The changing table is great as it's unfinished beech so I can either give it a clean and leave it or paint it. Also I can reverse the slippery shelves and paint the reverse which will be a better surface for the bunnies. I may try a carpet mat on it but I've not had much luck with my bunnies and carpet in the past! Washable mats may be best!! :D It also has the borders around so no bunny will get pushed off! Hopefully...:lol: I *think* I'm going to cut it down into 2 platforms :D
I'm not keen on Lino tbh I tried it in one of my hutches, sealed all the edges but the sealant came away and one day I lifted some up and it was damp and manky underneath :( so I pulled it all up and painted instead! So I'm sticking with paint in the shed too. Cuprinol is a wipeable finish and I can easily repaint once a year or something!

Excellent :thumb: I love thrifty ways to entertain bunnies.......fab idea, well done :D

Can't wait to see pics if your buns using it ;)

I think there's so many posts on here its easy to miss when using new posts to view them. I meant to say photobucket is a pain in the backside isn't it, I spent ages resizing my photos for my last post about my goats, and it got 3 replies,so most of the time I cba to go to the trouble of posting pics! My buns are too manic to photograph well most of the time :lol:

I think there's so many posts on here its easy to miss when using new posts to view them. I meant to say photobucket is a pain in the backside isn't it, I spent ages resizing my photos for my last post about my goats, and it got 3 replies,so most of the time I cba to go to the trouble of posting pics! My buns are too manic to photograph well most of the time :lol:

Aw I missed that one and I love goats, they're on my wish list as soon as I have a more suitable garden!!

Excellent :thumb: I love thrifty ways to entertain bunnies.......fab idea, well done :D

Can't wait to see pics if your buns using it ;)

Me too!! I just pray that my 2 pairs will tolerate each other!! I'm getting all carried away with designing the shed that I'm pushing it to the back of my mind what will happen if they won't get on!!

Back