• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hi need some help

Hi! :wave:http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/images/smilies/wave.gif My family and I were given two bunnies just recently. We wanted to refuse since we didn't know anything about raising bunnies. But the giver insisted. So we brought home the two bunnies and named them Happy and Chowder. I did some bunny reseach on this forum and on other sites to keep them happy and healthy. The first few weeks, they were bouncy and happy and werre always hoping around the place. Unfortunately, Chowder died just last night. :cry: I didn't know what was going on until I saw him sprawled lifeless on the floor. I should've taken a better watch on him, I know. I don't think I can forgive myself for what happend. :cry: Happy still here, though. She's kind of depressed right now, just staying in one corner but she still eats, only a little though. I'm trying to comfort her. I know this is quite a sad introduction but this is it. I hope I can find a new companion for Happy. She and Chowder were really close. I hope I can find some good advice on raising bunnies here too. Thanks! ;)

Sorry you lost a rabbit. How old was he/she? I think it would be a good idea to make sure your other rabbit is ok before getting another one.

do you know why Chowder died? was he eating ok beforehand? If they are free range could it be something he ate or something he did (like chew electrics?)

How long have you had them and do you know what they were on diet wise before you had them? Have you had to change their diet?

How old were they?

Are they vaccinated?

I am concerned about Happy - as you are.

They're probably about 4 months old. Chowder was doing okay and so was Happy. They were eating well and I do free range them but I watch over them when they do. When I sleep or go out of the house I keep them in their cage. I made sure they didn't chew electric wires or anything. I still can't figure why Chowder died. Anyway, Happy is doing okay now. She's eating well and is flopping around the house again. But she seems lonely sometimes. Maybe I'll post pictures soon. They're both New Zealands.

Back