• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My mum gave away Pickles' carrier!!

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
to the cleaner, because 'she asked for it'. Um, ok, but what happens now if Pickles needs to go to the vet?!! I have nothing else to take him in!! I can't even ask for it back because a) it was a temp cleaner and b) it would be far too embarrassing anyway! It cost a good £40, and I had vet bed in there too!! When I pointed this out to my mum her response was

'Oh shut up Vicky, I'm not in the mood!'

Great, thanks mum, I've got to somehow find the money for a new one now, not to mention that the pet shop is 45 minutes drive away! :evil:

I had a family member give away a big cage that we'd been keeping round there once. Fair enough, we hadn't used it for a while, but she could have asked. We'd have said no and that we'd come and pick it up!

Sorry to hear this! My mum once sold my rabbit & her cage for £10 whilst I was on holiday with my grandparents (only a week in Italy, not like if abandoned her!) :shock: bl00dy mothers sometimes eh? Can you not make her buy you a new one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear this! My mum once sold my rabbit & her cage for £10 whilst I was on holiday with my grandparents (only a week in Italy, not like if abandoned her!) :shock: bl00dy mothers sometimes eh? Can you not make her buy you a new one?

:shock::shock::shock:

Wow, that certainly puts mine in perspective! I don't like to raise the issue with mine again, but I hope she volunteers to buy me a new one! I don't really understand why she gave it away at al because she wants another puppy in a year or 2 anyway!

:shock::shock::shock:

Wow, that certainly puts mine in perspective! I don't like to raise the issue with mine again, but I hope she volunteers to buy me a new one! I don't really understand why she gave it away at all because she wants another puppy in a year or 2 anyway!

I'm surprised no one's suggested yet to actually ask the cleaner for it back :lol: I'm sure if you just explain that you paid a lot of money for that carrier, you do need it back and your mum didn't realise, she'd return it? Especially seeing as your family pay her wages! Maybe offer to let her borrow it in an emergency or something or tell her of a place where you can get one cheap

If it was something that the person desperately needed (more than you) I can understand them being funny about giving it back but in this case you should ask for it back, its your carrier, you'd have to spend your money to get a new one, and something could happen to your bun and they might really need it (maybe exaggerate here, say your rabbit is rushed in regularly for emergencies if she's being a bit funny about giving it back). Really emphasise on the fact that you're not giving her it and taking it back, your mum had absolutely no right to give it away in the first place. And if she actually said 'can I have that' then that's so rude :shock: Fair enough if it was 'oh do you use that carrier' or 'where did you get it' but not if she just asked for it

Last edited:
ring or text the cleaner, saying do you know when you'll be able to bring the carrier back that you borrowed from us. they might assume they've got it wrong and were meant to bring it back. :lol:

I wouldn't have the nerve to ask for it back.
I would, however, be very angry with my mother!

I can't ask for it back, she was just a temp cleaner and she won't be coming again. Apparently she just asked for it so my mum felt she had to hand it over - how cheeky is that?!

My sister, who's a vet, says I can have an old carrier that someone brought their cat in to be PTS. I suppose I'd better take it but, well, it feels a bit wrong somehow! I literally only have £16.50 left in my account though so I don't have much of a choice.

I can't ask for it back, she was just a temp cleaner and she won't be coming again. Apparently she just asked for it so my mum felt she had to hand it over - how cheeky is that?!

My sister, who's a vet, says I can have an old carrier that someone brought their cat in to be PTS. I suppose I'd better take it but, well, it feels a bit wrong somehow! I literally only have £16.50 left in my account though so I don't have much of a choice.

Oh dear :? And yep very cheeky! Will your mum not put towards seeing as she was the one that gave it away? Don't feel wrong about taking the carrier from your sister though, it's not like it carried a dead cat, and the owners must of left it so it could be put to good use seeing as they wouldn't need it anymore :)

id never dream of doing anything like that :shock: I was once asked if someone could borrow mine to transport an animal to overside of country I declined, within my own rights, as that animal had an illness that could potentially spread to my rabbits via the carrier if/when got it back, my nan was going on and I had to say yes but if you where in my feet would you put your dog at risk? of this illness that is infectious , only then did she understand I wasn't been selfish I was protecting my own pets health x

Back