• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Exciting news: RWA to fund and produce new book on foraging!

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Rae has very kindly let me announce to RU that after several months of discussion behind the scenes so to speak (obviously RWA management were all involved!), the RWA have commissioned me to write and produce images for a small book on forage plants and foraging to be published by themselves.

It will be based on the talks I have given at RWA conferences - although it will focus on wild forage rather than garden plants.

It will include guidance on where and how to forage, images for identification, highlight hazards and toxic plants to avoid, have a small section on nutrition/medicinal (although we have to be very very careful with this as much is anecdotal).

I leave it to the RWA to announce whether and how much they will be charging when it is eventually published but the aim is to have it very accessible whilst still covering RWA costs for production.

Fantastic news for all foragers and would be foragers and all buns!!!!

Sounds awesome - I would love something like that as other than brambles and hawthorn I'm totally clueless, and I do get out walking quite a bit.

Fantastic! I buy bags of forage from pets at home otherwise my bunnies wouldn't get any. I can barely tell a daffodil from a tulip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back