• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this grooming brush suitable?

sabzy

Young Bun
I read some recommendations online for this grooming brush:

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product....m_medium=cpc&gclid=CNyS4qGhp7wCFYjLtAodBiEAWw

Even though it's technically for cats it's supposed to be good for rabbits with short coats/sensitive skin, I can't remember where I read this.
Just used it today for the first time because Pebbles seems to be moulting quite a bit in the last few days (is that normal this time of year? She's an indoor bun by the way) so I decided to use it.

Lured her onto my lap with her pellets and she sat there eating it and ignored the grooming. She didn't seem to mind or to find it painful in the least, got quite a bit of fur on the brush too!

So is it ok for me to use? If so, how do I clean it after!? :lol:

I only groom mine when they're moulting or starting to get knotty underneath and I use a slicker brush. Rabbits do have very thin skin but as long as you've sensible about it and don't drag it along the rabbits skin it wont be an issue, I don't see the point in a slicker brush with balls on the end though, it wouldn't be anywhere near as good at getting knots out

I only groom mine when they're moulting or starting to get knotty underneath and I use a slicker brush. Rabbits do have very thin skin but as long as you've sensible about it and don't drag it along the rabbits skin it wont be an issue, I don't see the point in a slicker brush with balls on the end though, it wouldn't be anywhere near as good at getting knots out

Hmm I suppose.. Pebbles doesn't have long fur though so hopefully this is okay. Going to be very careful just in case for the first couple of times though just to be on the safe side, thanks! :)

Back