• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who has Ikea trofast in set up??

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
I've been looking for ideas online for when I get my new shed and I remember coming across a pic of a lovely indoor set up where they'd used an ikea trofast storage unit to create steps upto another level. I found the pic either by google or Pinterest and I'm sure it linked to a post on here but now I can't find it! I thought I'd saved the pic but don't seem to have :( Can anyone help?! I'd just like to see how it worked in the space. Thanks :wave:

I've been looking for ideas online for when I get my new shed and I remember coming across a pic of a lovely indoor set up where they'd used an ikea trofast storage unit to create steps upto another level. I found the pic either by google or Pinterest and I'm sure it linked to a post on here but now I can't find it! I thought I'd saved the pic but don't seem to have :( Can anyone help?! I'd just like to see how it worked in the space. Thanks :wave:

I've seen it recently on this thread :thumb:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...e-your-indoor-set-ups!&highlight=Indoor+setup

Well remembered zoobec! I had no idea it was trofast!

eta they do like the levels-the box on the very top is where they snooze all day

Last edited:
Well remembered zoobec! I had no idea it was trofast!

eta they do like the levels-the box on the very top is where they snooze all day

I was actually thinking of having a platform on the top level so it was like steps upto it, how high is the first 'step'? It looks huge in the pic but just seen u have tiny bunnies :lol: I've got the overall measurements from ikea website and doesn't seem too big, do u think my medium sized bunnies would manage the jump?

I was actually thinking of having a platform on the top level so it was like steps upto it, how high is the first 'step'? It looks huge in the pic but just seen u have tiny bunnies :lol: I've got the overall measurements from ikea website and doesn't seem too big, do u think my medium sized bunnies would manage the jump?

Yes definitely. T&F jump up to and down from the first level much more often than they use the ramp. I'm not at home at the moment but will measure it for you this evening.

The box they have on the top level is the perfect size for the two of them in their 'hovercraft bunny' sleeping positions. I wouldn't have thought much bigger bunnies would fit in together, but you could oversize it maybe if it was screwed down, or just have a barrier to stop them falling off rather than a full box which takes up a bit of space.

For reference, Truffle is dinky - usually between 1.0 and 1.3 kg. Fudge is bigger - about 1.8-2.0 kg.

Right - the bottom 'step' is 428 mm high. The second step is 682 mm high.

Here is a pic of T&F in their box:

Right - the bottom 'step' is 428 mm high. The second step is 682 mm high.

Here is a pic of T&F in their box:

Aw thank you :wave: Very cute bunnies :love: I have a large table top that I'm using to create an extra level so I would have the unit just like stairs leading to that platform, if that makes sense! I'm planning on bonding my two pairs so 4 medium sized bunnies def wouldn't fit on top like yours :lol: although I'm sure they'd try should they become that friendly!!

Aw thank you :wave: Very cute bunnies :love: I have a large table top that I'm using to create an extra level so I would have the unit just like stairs leading to that platform, if that makes sense! I'm planning on bonding my two pairs so 4 medium sized bunnies def wouldn't fit on top like yours :lol: although I'm sure they'd try should they become that friendly!!

Oh yes that makes sense - sounds fab! We will need pics....

That is a beautiful set up! I know what i am doing with our trofast units when we no longer need them for toy storage!

That is a beautiful set up! I know what i am doing with our trofast units when we no longer need them for toy storage!

Donating them to me?! :lol: I'm desperately after getting one cheap now but not having much luck :( Watching a few on eBay but they tend to go for nearly full price :( I'll prob end up going to good old ikea in the end!! :lol:

Oh sorry!! ...we bought one from ikea brand new then kept looking out for secondhand ones. Our second one was £15 from the local charity furniture shop. They do turn up fairly regularly in secondhand ahops as.the are so good for kid's storage, but obviously kids needs change so quickly. Too expensive on ebay though, try local secondhand!

Oh sorry!! ...we bought one from ikea brand new then kept looking out for secondhand ones. Our second one was £15 from the local charity furniture shop. They do turn up fairly regularly in secondhand ahops as.the are so good for kid's storage, but obviously kids needs change so quickly. Too expensive on ebay though, try local secondhand!

I know, I've just won one on eBay!! I did pay nearly £45 but it comes with 2 shelves so new would cost £65. Just need to get a couple of boxes now. I tried a couple of sale/swap pages on Facebook but no luck :( I'm too impatient!! I think I pretty much have everything I need now - except the shed :roll:

Back