• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The B O X. aka vet time

Mine don't worry about their carrier at all because they go in it every single day, it's just normal to them. They don't associate it with the vets or anything bad at all. Maybe just start getting the box out and putting him in it every day and leave it around so he can get in and out of it himself to make it clear there's nothing horrible about it :)

We have to help Poppy clean her bum nearly every day and she tries to avoid it. She knows when it's time.. :lol: Whether we say anything or not, she knows :lol:

With the carrier I just get it out and put them in, they can protest all they want but once they're in they're fine. I don't pussy foot around it like my bf because it just stresses them out!

I feel your pain. Sheldon and Holly do NOT like the box. We had to take them for vaccinations last Friday - oh my word :shock::shock::shock:! Managed to get Sheldon in okay with food but Holly isn't quite so dumb. So hubby came to help which didn't really help - we just ended up swearing at each other very softly so as not to stress buns out even more - in the end I lost patience and just picked up the little madam and shoved her in. The softly softly approach just does not work!:roll:

Mine are also not fans of the Box! as soon as any of them hear the noise of me picking it up/putting it down they are all suddenly very wary of me. I almost think they have a look of 'please not me' on their faces!!

I tried leaving it out for them to get used to, hopping in and out and they go in and thump or dig inside it :lol:

We have to say v.e.t in letters cos Rupert runs and hides :lol: if he's being naughty I say right im phoning the vet... and he stops and hides lol if they see the box, they kinda start checking each other - I imagine them saying 'are you alright, are you poorly?' to each other :lol:

Last edited:
I just pick mine up and stuff them in it :lol: I'm obviously a mean mummy. Then again only Badger runs away from being picked up and once he's picked up he's fine and snuggly :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back