• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel awful- vibes please -ud now worms

weedug

Mama Doe
Mr Bubble was out playing last night, and under my feet as usual. I went to close a cupboard door, and it wouldn't close. Because he had his head caught it the door :oops::(.

He was quiet for about 20 minutes, then his usual self, but this morning he is very quiet again, and took ages to eat his breakfast. I am taking him to D1ck Vet for 10. Anyone know what they might do?

Can he have some vibes, if anyone has any spare? He is the love of my life, and I do this to him :(. I am terrified of what will happen. He's over 8 now, and I've had him since he was 8 weeks old.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry, I know you must feel awful as we had a similar accident with Alfie a couple of years ago but it was his foot that got caught. :( You're not to blame though, so don't be too hard on yourself.

I don't know what they'll do - he'll most likely need pain relief as it may be sore and they might want to do x-rays to rule out injuries - but sending all my vibes for Mr Bubble. xx

Thank you so much. Makes me feel worse that he keeps coming over to cuddle me, like he always does.

Poor Mr Bubble - and poor you too. Horrible situation to be in. I really hope he is okay - hopefully he is just a bit bruised and sore and nothing worse - lots of vibes for you both.

Accidents happen, please don't feel too bad. Fingers crossed for Mr Bubble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry, hope he's OK. Please don't blame yourself, it was an accident, these things happen. Sending lots of vibes for Mr Bubble xx

Thank you for the vibes for him :)

We are just back from the D1ck Vet. They gave him a thorough check, and think he is just badly bruised and a bit shocked, although he flinched a bit when they extended his neck. They weren't sure if that was from pain or because he was stressed. His mouth inside was fine with no sign of bleeding, and they were happy with how he was acting when they gave him some floor time.

He has a high level of metacam to take for 3 days, and Zantac for his tummy.

If he is still eating oddly tomorrow, I have to take him back and they will x-ray him. And if he deteriorates I have to take him straight in.

I will always feel awful for doing this to him :(. What if he doesn't get better? :cry:

It sounds as though he is 'just' sore from bruising. I totally understand how awful you must feel about the accident. But it could happen to any of us regardless of how careful we may be.

I hope it is just bruising and he will feel better soon.

It really really wasn't your fault, the problem is when we share space with animals smaller than us we will always run the risk of hurting them accidentally... But what's the other option, stick him in a cage so he is safe? I bet he prefers the interaction with you, the freedom and space he has even if it does come with an element of risk.

I almost shut Loki's head in a door yesterday, I once managed to get my bridge bunny stuck to the end of the Hoover hose thing :shock: things sadly happen. *hugs*

Sending Mr Bubbles millions of healing vibes. I know you must feel terrible but I have stood on my bunny once this week and accidently walked into him in the dark. Its difficult when they are running around and they get under your feet know matter how careful you are.

Hope he is back to himself very soon.

Thank you for all the vibes for Bub :D

I had to go to a hospital appointment with my daughter this afternoon, but got someone to sit with Bubble to make sure he was ok :oops:.

He seems much brighter so far. Hopefully the medicine is working. He is on 1.28ml of metacam twice a day for 3-4 days.

I know if was an accident, in that I didn't mean to do it, but it was still my fault and I will never forgive myself. It is my job to look after him and keep him from pain, not inflict it on him :(.

I'm glad he seems much brighter already. :love:

It's still very early days and you're bound to feel terrible; I know I did despite people telling me I wasn't to blame but, over time, it gets easier. I'm not sure I'll ever completely forgive myself for it but I don't feel the overwhelming guilt that I did in those first few days.

Sending Mr Bubbles lots of vibes and a hug for you. Sorry I didn't see this earlier, but glad he seems brighter.

I'm sure most people with house bunnies especially have come close to this type of accident, even if it hasn't actually happened.

Glad to hear he is a bit brighter, sending lots of vibes :) I hope you are feeling better too, as everyone else has said these things happen. It could have been a lot worse x

Bubble has been doing well tonight, but his poops are getting smaller and darker now. I don't think he is eating his hay as well as normal.

He has some pro fibre in the evenings, but if he is the same tomorrow would some fibreplex help?

Bubble has been doing well tonight, but his poops are getting smaller and darker now. I don't think he is eating his hay as well as normal.

He has some pro fibre in the evenings, but if he is the same tomorrow would some fibreplex help?

Fibreplex certainly won't do any harm, so I would give it if you're worried. If he seems to be slowing down more tomorrow though he might need some gut stimulant from the vet; sending more vibes, I hope he's much better in the morning xxx

Back