• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think Ralph's weeing is behavioural. Advice for the next step please!

runhardlivelong

Warren Scout
I've taken Ralph to the vets and his urine is clear, his bladder feels fine, he had no sludge or sediment.

Annoyingly I do think it's behavioural. I've no idea why!!

But he will sit in his litter tray for a good half an hour, jump out, and then wee everywhere!!

Like everywhere! Between them they drink about 1170ml in 24hr. Ralph is 1.8kg and Lola 1.3kg.

Ralph is a major drinker compared to Lola but he has always been like that even before he started this!

So what's next?!

I bought a new litter tray today, gave Ralph time in it alone which he did a wee in, then jumped out and wee'd everywhere.

I'm cleaning with vinegar. Is this best??!! To get rid of the scent.

Do you think it might be the litter?? I use megazorb. Always have.

All ideas and suggestions so so welcome.

Tomorrow I'm going to try putting the cage around the box so he can only stay in the box. Or to sit next to the box and watch him constantly (the problem is you can't do this all the time!)

Please please help. I'm fed up and discouraged from standing in puddles and my hand smelling of wee!!

Ps also treating for possibly EC, no other symptoms. Had Ralph around 3 months now, problem for 3 weeks!!

Thanks in advance!!

I've taken Ralph to the vets and his urine is clear, his bladder feels fine, he had no sludge or sediment.

Annoyingly I do think it's behavioural. I've no idea why!!

But he will sit in his litter tray for a good half an hour, jump out, and then wee everywhere!!

Like everywhere! Between them they drink about 1170ml in 24hr. Ralph is 1.8kg and Lola 1.3kg.

Ralph is a major drinker compared to Lola but he has always been like that even before he started this!

So what's next?!

I bought a new litter tray today, gave Ralph time in it alone which he did a wee in, then jumped out and wee'd everywhere.

I'm cleaning with vinegar. Is this best??!! To get rid of the scent.

Do you think it might be the litter?? I use megazorb. Always have.

All ideas and suggestions so so welcome.

Tomorrow I'm going to try putting the cage around the box so he can only stay in the box. Or to sit next to the box and watch him constantly (the problem is you can't do this all the time!)

Please please help. I'm fed up and discouraged from standing in puddles and my hand smelling of wee!!

Ps also treating for possibly EC, no other symptoms. Had Ralph around 3 months now, problem for 3 weeks!!

Thanks in advance!!
If he is not fixed the I would say that's the problem and it will be sent marking, the only way to fix it is to get him done! Also clean it with 3 parts water to 2 parts vinegar this will get rid of the smell and be easier on the rabbits nose then pure vinegar x

Back