• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello to you all!

Anvic

New Kit
Hello, I have just registered on this site. I am, obviously, a bunny lover although I really can say I love all creatures. One of my wonderful house bunnies, Carmen, is in the vets at the moment. She started with GI Stasis late yesterday, we have tried Recovery today but she is so poorly so we took her to the vets and she is on a drip. I am so worried, and tearful, and just praying she recovers. I hated leaving her and gave her a big kiss, though she really wasn't bothered, she was unhappy. She is a beautiful himalayan and very stroppy when she wants to be, and loving. Her little lionhead friend, Lena, is missing her at the moment, but she is more timid and not too keen on being handled. They were both rescued on the towpath near my home, in a box being attacked by a dog. Not the dogs fault, it didn't know any better and the dog owner immediately took the bunnies to the rescue. So they didn't have a good start. They are nearly three years old now, so not very old. Please all spare a thought for little Carmen and wish her well. Thank you x

Sending lots of good thoughts for you and Carmen, I hope she'll be alright, I know how upset you must be feeling. Welcome to the forum, I'm new here too :)

Thank you so much. My husband just phoned the vet (I was to much of a coward) and they said she is better than when she went in at 2pm. She will be there overnight at least. They are a good vets, they have a veterinary nurse on all night. I lost my beautiful Dinah to stasis 2 years ago and I have to admit it panics me.x

Welcome to the forum :wave:

I'm sorry Your beloved bun is poorly, I know how auwful it is and how heart breaking to leave them at the vets :(

Loads of get well vibes for her xxx

I'm glad to hear she's better than this afternoon :) At least you know she's in good hands at the vet, and I hope she is a lot better tomorrow:) I know it's really worrying when they're ill :(

carmen

I'm glad to hear she's better than this afternoon :) At least you know she's in good hands at the vet, and I hope she is a lot better tomorrow:) I know it's really worrying when they're ill :(
Yes, it is worrying, leaving them. I wonder how much stress it causes but even though we have had house bunnies for many years, and know our bunnies very well, at the vets they can dehydrate them more quickly and give them a fighting chance. I will post tomorrow when I know more. Don't know if I will sleep and her friend, Lena, is really missing her.x:cry::

Welcome to the forum :wave:

I'm sorry Your beloved bun is poorly, I know how auwful it is and how heart breaking to leave them at the vets :(

Loads of get well vibes for her xxx

It is lovely to get this support from other people who understand bunnies. So many people think rabbits are unimportant. Btw I once had a wonderful rescue cat called Pookie. She was pure white and a lovely soul, she never put a paw wrong. She had been terribly abused before we got her but she was a little Angel and very loving.x

Any news today?

I hate stasis - it's just so awful watching the bun go through it. I really hope Carmen is better today!

Any news today?

I hate stasis - it's just so awful watching the bun go through it. I really hope Carmen is better today!

Hi, I have just got off the phone to the vet. Carmen is brighter and rehydrated, but not eating properly yet or passing anything-her gut must have stopped completely, and she is a big girl really. When she eats and poops they will be happier. I just hope she pulls through, I can't tell you how worried I am. And little Lena, her lionhead friend, is so lonely and keeps looking for her - all in all, a bit better but not out of the woods. I have to say I do feel rather down and disappointed.:cry:

Hope she's feeling much better today. Sending lots of vibes for Carmen xx
Hi. I have spoken to the vet and I am going to pick her up in half an hour!!!! She is perfectly well now, typical bunny, though it has taken 3 days. I am going to change her diet a little and pray it doesn't happen again. I am very happy today. Thank you so much for caring about little Carmen.x:D

Hi. I have spoken to the vet and I am going to pick her up in half an hour!!!! She is perfectly well now, typical bunny, though it has taken 3 days. I am going to change her diet a little and pray it doesn't happen again. I am very happy today. Thank you so much for caring about little Carmen.x:D

So happy shes well again and coming home :D Bet she will be glad to be home too :wave:

That is great news...good girl Carmen.

And once she is home and settled...photos please?

Carmen is home!

Thanks to all of you for your support, it is wonderful to know you are not on your own in this. Carmen is home and, of course, sulking at me and won't even look at me. When she is visible I will take some photos of her and Lena. I hope this is a one off and she has a long, illness free life from now on. She is only about two and a half years old, so fingers crossed. Hope you all have a great weekend with your loved furries, Angela x:wave:

Thanks to all of you for your support, it is wonderful to know you are not on your own in this. Carmen is home and, of course, sulking at me and won't even look at me. When she is visible I will take some photos of her and Lena. I hope this is a one off and she has a long, illness free life from now on. She is only about two and a half years old, so fingers crossed. Hope you all have a great weekend with your loved furries, Angela x:wave:

Of course! :roll::lol: Why do we love them hey? I'm so glad she's mended. Fenugreek crunchies are usually the route to forgiveness with my bun, so maybe give them a try?

Welcome to RU! :wave:

Back